Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commercial smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial smoker

Looking for a commercial smoker that can handle a half hog plus beef cuts. Multiple chambers with temp management for each. Any ideas? I will be in Dallas Thursday and Friday of there are any suggestions for manufacturers I should visit. P.S. this would be stationary in a restaurant. It can be an exterior or interior unit. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TXBREbbq_valerie2_620x300.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	339460

'nuff said!

Almost forgot - welcome to The Pit.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB I have been out here on the road for over 25 years and have yet seen this rig.

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it real, or does someone have too much time on their hands and Photoshop?

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb - yes it's real, and for sale. The last price I saw was $350K.

Welcome farmtabledc

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      DWCowles - the above rig looks like it was custom made for a truck drivin' man like you.

Thank you

Comment

My first choice after the link below would be Ole Hickory. Myron Mixon and Souther Pride next.

The Oyler™ Pit 1300 Smoker, introduced by J&R in 1974, is the epitome of authentic barbecue craftsmanship. Renowned as the finest barbecue pit worldwide, the Oyler sets the gold standard in the industry with its unmatched wood-fired, thermostatically controlled rotisserie design. Capable of cooking up to 2,000 pounds – yes, a ton – of meat, including up to 72 briskets, for up to 14 hours unattended on a single wood load, it embodies efficiency and enables authenticity. The Oyler’s legendary durability is a testament to quality, with early models still producing exceptional barbecue decades later. At the heart of the Oyler’s success is its commitment to authentic wood cooking. It uses smoke and heat from wood – not gas – to infuse meat with an unmatched taste, ensuring customers will notice and return for more. This smoker isn't just about flavor; it's also about safety and economy. The first of its kind to receive an Underwriter’s Laboratories (UL) Listing for safety, including a “zero clearance to combustibles” specification, the Oyler guarantees peace of mind. Its unique air control system and insulation make it remarkably economical, using minimal wood to cook large quantities. Moreover, it requires little to no labor on a daily basis. For those serious about barbecue, the Oyler™ 1300 is an indispensable asset and will keep your customers coming back for more. It’s only available from J&R.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana..

Comment

OK folks - lets not forget the OP is lookin' for some help. Anybody besides Jerod have any input?

But here's a video since some here have doubts the photo above is real:

Comment

I covet a Southern Yankee Rotisserie pit

Comment

farmtabledc great question! I love big cooks!

Can you clarify: You want to cook half a hog at one temp, and beef at another temp, at the same time? So one fire source feeding more than one cooking chamber? I don't remember seeing anything like that. Just seems like multiple cookers would be the simple solution for that.

As Jerod Broussard said, Ohler, Ole Hickroy, Myron Mixon and Southern Pride all make big cookers that are great in restaurants.

What I do in my Myron Mixon 72XC is just try to plan the cooks where I can get the higher temp stuff, like finishing briskets at 275, at one part of the day, and the stuff I like at 225-250, spare ribs, at another part of the day.

I can also run two fires, one on the left and another on the right, and get one side hotter than the other, although I have only experimented with this a little, but plan to do more. My most recent sets of wood was mostly very big splits, so I could not run two smaller fires at a time.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Some more ideas: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment..._value%5B%5D=4

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here