Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS: Vertical Rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS: Vertical Rotisserie

Ok I have been following the recent thread on Doner Kebabs. So I’m thinking it might be cool to have a home level vertical rotisserie. There are several on Amazon available for fairly cheap. Anyone have one? Any ideas or recommendations?

I seem to recall grillinglousiana did this but I can’t find the thread.

Comment

May I suggest the "beer can rotisserie" method mentioned in That Other Thread this weekend?

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        🙄🤦

So am I missing something, why does it have to be a vertical spit/rotisserie. We do chicken shawarma on our kettle rotisserie a lot and it does an amazing job!

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        To allow for slicing as it cooks. Doesn’t need to be I guess. Other ways to do it for sure. Just feeding my MCS.

• Dadof3Illinois
        Dadof3Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        Jfrosty27 That makes since, the shawarma is usually cooked vertical for the same reason but i just cook it on my weber rotisserie and take off when cooked through.

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I have a rotisserie for my kettle also. You certainly could slice as it cooks it albeit with a little creativity needed.

We use a vertical rotisserie to eat ice cream cones.

It's not so much a rotisserie as it is a power drill with the bit shoved up the bottom of the cone. Stick out your tongue, power up the drill, and let the no-effort licking commence!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Caution: Do not crank the setting to 15. I did that once, it slung ice cream all over my best tank top. 😎

Yeah, and to quote Dadof3Illinois , "works just fine". Then, ya eat it, period!

Comment

Originally posted by WillTravelForFood View Post
        We use a vertical rotisserie to eat ice cream cones.
        Since folks may want a visual:

Comment

I've always wanted to use my Blackstone pizza oven as a vertical rotisserie.

Comment

I have this to make al pastor which is just the taco version of doner bob. It doesn't spin obviously..... Comes with both the hook and the spike, it works great. And you could definitely cut off as it cooks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know it's probably not what you are looking for as they do have lots of counter top vertical rotisseries
            Last edited by JohnPaul; June 27, 2022, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Here is my grill spike. It may not spin, but it does get the job done a lot cheaper.

Perfect for grilling chunky meat vertically, grill or oven. Place directly on the grate or drip pan. Great for Tacos Al Pastor or specialty cooks. 1/4" Stainless rod.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I have one of those already. Works pretty well but I am still feeling that MCS! 😂

Found the thread:

Has any one cooked on a vertical rotisserie... my kids order this for me as i was not really satisfied with the TROMPO KING..I used it on my green egg.. came out ok..but I always would have to finish it off on a cast iron pan... the booklet with this also claims I may have to do it in a cast iron pan.. the deal on this one j

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here