Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinda about cookers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda about cookers...

If I hadn't run across AR, I probably would have believed this article:

Shop the best commercial smokers from brands like Weber and Traeger Grills, including propane, gas, electric, and charcoal commercial smokers.

Lotta articles like that are just a way to push money making links.

Comment

Yeah the links are all affiliate links to Amazon and the text is designed to rank for terms like "commercial smoker" etc.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        None of those are commercial smokers though...

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I know. I mean, I've seen some used in smaller restaurants (yes, I know, I watch too much Diners, Driveins and Dives). But I didnt say it was a GOOD affiliate site

I was getting some food at a BBQ food cart and the owner wanted me to see his smoker. He was very happy with it. I think he said he had it shipped from Georgia. It looked pretty nice to me. It was a charcoal smoker the propane presumably ran his griddle and burners in the cart and maybe starts the charcoal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220614_213500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.85 MB ID:	1237047

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220611_165824.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	1237046
      Last edited by Attjack; June 14, 2022, 10:37 PM.

Comment

That was one of the more humorous articles I've read in a while...

Comment

The author is an scammer trying to make a living off Amazon sales. She'd better step her game up a bit.

Comment

Haha - yeah. Right. Most commercial smokers are propane/NG, with wood splits for smoke, at least around these parts. There are a few that burn pure wood (Dreamland for example), but more often I see the gas smokers in restaurants. Forget pellets or little electric smokers.

Comment

• CandySueQ
              CandySueQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Not necessarily. I've got several Alabama restaurant customers that are pellet-fired. Birmingham Dreamland has a pellet cooker.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting CandySueQ - I was going by the ones I have been in around here where you can actually see the Pit - Dreamland and Moe's Original BBQ for example. The Dreamland here in Huntsville has a huge brick pit at the end of the building, completely wood fired. I enjoy watching the guy manning that pit, using 8 foot long tools to reach in and move butts and ribs around in the back of the pit. Moe's has a NG fired smoker with splits, or did when they were 1/4 mile from the house.

One thing I noticed, Since I have a Traeger, I follow pellet smokers. Now I love my Traeger, it works well. But I would not recommend a commercial grade smoker to be a Traeger. I would think that the Pitts and Spits Maverick would be more in line.

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

So based on the number of sales & reviews, on Amazon, they’ve extrapolated which are the best?
            And for commercial use no less. Bwahahahaha

I’ve got some some news for them. McDonald’s probably sells more burgers than anyone. Probably more than their next three rivals combined. Overall they probably get good reviews from their customers, especially seeing as the majority are probably repeat customers. But almost NOBODY is going to claim that they are the best! LOL At best they might be adequate. Number of sells has ZERO to do with quality or suitability.

Comment

I went back to that BBQ cart today and asked who made his smoker. It's a gravity fed Assassin Smoker. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

Comment

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                Almost got one. Went with southernQ instead.
                They seem very nice.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here