Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which one should i buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which one should i buy?

i'm opening a restaurant and i want to use outdoor grill, Which one would you recommend

First question is what are you cooking? Ribs? brats, brisket, hamburgers, different types of grills are best suited than others for smoking, or just grilling.

Comment

Yikes, yeah if you're opening a commercial enterprise, you gotta get something large and durable, easy to clean and maintain... I can't give you much advice on that, sadly. But being new here, I'll make the suggestion that more info would be very helpful. There are lots of folks here with VAST amounts of experience, but they'll need to know more about what you want before being able to help alot.

First, as above - what are you cooking? Are you talking ribs, brisket, steaks, chicken quarters and sausages, etc., or what?

Second, what kind of fuel source are you looking at using? Gas, charcoal, wood - even pellets?

Thirdly, are you truly talking about grilling? Like hot sear on a steak, or low and slow, large volume so you can rotate meat on and off all day?

How large is your restaurant, and how many people do you think you will be serving? What kind of outdoor space do you have to work with? Where are you at? Do you have city/county/etc fire codes to worry about?

Although now that I have put in some time into my reply, I looked back up and saw the name, the "trial member" and no location, no nothing - I wonder if I've just wasted my time.

Good luck.

Comment

• randy56
        randy56 commented
        Editing a comment
        did not catch that.

Originally posted by tRidiot View Post
      Yikes, yeah if you're opening a commercial enterprise, you gotta get something large and durable, easy to clean and maintain... I can't give you much advice on that, sadly. But being new here, I'll make the suggestion that more info would be very helpful. There are lots of folks here with VAST amounts of experience, but they'll need to know more about what you want before being able to help alot.

First, as above - what are you cooking? Are you talking ribs, brisket, steaks, chicken quarters and sausages, etc., or what?

Second, what kind of fuel source are you looking at using? Gas, charcoal, wood - even pellets?

Thirdly, are you truly talking about grilling? Like hot sear on a steak, or low and slow, large volume so you can rotate meat on and off all day?

How large is your restaurant, and how many people do you think you will be serving? What kind of outdoor space do you have to work with? Where are you at? Do you have city/county/etc fire codes to worry about?

Although now that I have put in some time into my reply, I looked back up and saw the name, the "trial member" and no location, no nothing - I wonder if I've just wasted my time.

Good luck.
      thank you for responding and giving advice

Comment

Here's a thread by someone who opened a restaurant and took us along for the ride:

Journey's are fun! Sometimes hard, sometimes exhilarating, usually involving a lot of work, and often blessed by the generosity and wisdom of others, as in Meathead

Comment

No reply

Comment

Two other links that may prove useful. I hope you can provide us with more information so we can help more.

There’s a restaurant in southern Sweden that wants to get in on the bbq action. They have asked me to train their chefs (3-4 guys) so they can get started. I’m happy to do that, but to me the job is also restaurant consultation and logistics challenge. What do I mean by that? Well, they need help figuring out what to serve,

Comment

I’m gonna sit this one out. Not near enough info. from a "trial member" and a "thank you for responding" ?

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                Panhead John are you saying: zilch, zip, nada, diddly-squat, bupkis, naught, and nil?

I am going to have to agree with Panhead John here...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here