Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RV Owners, What Grill Do You use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rfhd69 View Post
    We just bought a 2022 Grand Design 265BH after being diehard tent campers for 20 years. The neighbor on our first voyage to Leavenworth, WA had an 18” Weber Smokey Mountain. Kind of like his style!
    Congratulations on your purchase. So many great ideas from the group here. Will need to narrow it down some. I like the idea of a propane grill or Blackstone and perhaps a small charcoal cooker for when the mood strikes and the rules allow.

Comment

Although not for cooking, here's something else to consider having. The Big Red Campfire propane fire pit. This is great for having a fire where wood burning isn't allowed. Even at sites that allow wood burning, most don't want you to bring your own wood from outside the area in. They want you to buy theirs, even if you could bring in your own, the wood takes up a lot of space in the camper storage and adds a lot of extra weight.

Comment

Well I do not have an RV, I do have a camping trailer. I use the Camp Chef double burner stove. It works great in my Smitty Built Trailer. It slides out on the drawer and runs on propane. Is has plenty of Btu's to fry, boil and pan fry anything I need. It also has a fold out shelf that is really handy. It also comes with a grill that you can set on top of it. That work very well too. I was happy with this set up on my overloading trip early this summer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1698.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	1081772Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1724.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	1081773Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1732.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1081774

Comment

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          Those 'sprouts look amazing!

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          I want to go camping with YOU!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Back country is the only way to go. Best part.......no people, but still great food. smokenoob

#1 gas grill, Weber Q if it fits
        #2 griddle, Blackstone 17” or 22” if it fits
        #3 small smoker if you like to lift weights ( I prefer to smoke at home and vac pack for the road)

Over 30 years had an 18’ C, 28’ C, 33’ A, and now a 20’ C
        so, now carry a Coleman fold-n-go grill, its tiny and has a griddle & grate
        Attached Files

Comment

We have a small(ish) camper, a 21 footer. For years, I used a cheap foldable charcoal grill from Ace hardware. I actually bought a second one when the first one was wearing out. It was bulky but I always made it fit, even when we had a pop up camper.
          Last year I bought a PK GO. Its great for 2 people, and if cooks great. The lid can also be turned into a second grill if you need more space. I refuse to cook on gas, this is one of the coolest things I have ever bought. I also have a camp chef pro 14 stove and a Breeo Outpost which is very easy to stow.
          Last edited by Paulie; May 20, 2022, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here