Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Chris Lilly (of Big Bob Gibson's) on Chicken (1hr:14m)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great video! I picked up some tips for cooking chicken and had a few laughs as well!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome back jub jub

Thanks Huskee! I never really went anywhere, I tend to lurk more and soak in all the great info on this forum!

Comment

Enjoyed the interview. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Finally watching this. Got to try this white stuff.

Comment

Just watched the video. Very informative and a lot of fun. Great job. By the way, I have Chris's first book and strongly recommend it as a great addition to anyones BBQ library.

Comment

Is there actually a location in Monroe, NC? It's mentioned in the blurb but I can't find any sign of anything there -- which would be nice since it's only 1 hour away!

Answered by own question -- looks like the Monroe location closed down December 2014 ..
            Last edited by VanillaSmoke; August 22, 2015, 12:50 PM. Reason: Updated information

Comment

Just watched this for the third time. It's very educational. Meathead, you do a very good interview. I'm looking forward to trying the bread loaf chicken, it looks great.

Comment

• gwschenk
                gwschenk commented
                Editing a comment
                Just picked up my copy of Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book. My wife really likes smoked chicken and so do I. It's our favorite food on the smoker. I wish I could get her to like ribs, though.

Anyway, started reading the book and it's really enjoyable. Can't wait to really dig into the recipes.

This weekend we had a big landscaping party. I had people to feed. Sounded like a great time to try the bread pan and white sauce chicken recipes. One problem was finding a chicken that would fit in a bread pan. My butcher's smallest chicken was 4.5 pounds. He tied it up and we hoped for the best.

This was the first time I cooked two pieces of meat in my WSM, so the temperature thing through me for a loop. I ended up finishing the bread pan chicken in the oven. It did not look like the picture in the book! But man, oh , man did everyone like it. The white sauce went on a simple smoked chicken. I adopted Lilly's cooking instructions to my WSM, no oil, but I did flip it skin side down for 15 minutes. The skin came out nice a crispy. The white sauce was really good on the chicken. I preferred it to the bread pan chicken.

Both were great!

Comment

Everything was great except the 'Supremes'.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here