Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuisinart COS-244 Vertical 36" no longer stays lit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuisinart COS-244 Vertical 36" no longer stays lit

Hi all,

I bought a Cuisinart COS-244 Vertical 36" summer 2018 and it had functioned perfectly well for me until November 2019. On Thanksgiving it was extremely windy and cold, though I’ve smoked in much colder temps. After posting in one of the forums (and getting a response from Meathead!) I sealed up the smoker, installed gaskets and bought a welder blanket to cover it. Tonight is the first day without snow or rain so I thought I’d smoke up some chicken. The burner continually goes out. I’ve swapped LP tanks. The gas just continues to run with no flame. If the gas continues, how can the flame go out? Any thoughts? Not sure what has happened to this cheap yet productive smoker.

One thought is because it’s sealed and covered with the blanket, that it’s burning up the oxygen faster than its able to be replaced. I’m going to crack the door and see if that helps.

Comment

I think ur on to somethin’ there ,,,,,

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here