Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuisinart Vertical 36-inch Propane Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuisinart Vertical 36-inch Propane Smoker

Does anyone have any experience with this smoker? I cannot tell who actually makes it but it looks of solid build quality (from pictures) and is decent size for it's sale price of $182.49 at overstock: https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...Y&searchidx=24

Welcome to the Pit ColoradoScott

Comment

I don't know anything about this particular model, but these cheaper units tend to leak and can be a bear to control. Although the LP might help a little bit. I would bet the construction is pretty poor as well. In my opinion, you better off looking at a Char-Broil at this price point. It's $200 and made Meathead's Top ten Value List. But I urge you to look at the Weber Smokey Mountain or a Pit Barrel Cooker. These are very good rigs that are still pretty low-cost, built well, run pretty care free and they kick out some killer Que! Let us know what you come up with.
      Don't be a stranger!

(Since this is your first post....... but you've been around for a year now, I assume you know what your doing and don't need the "Homework" that most first time posters get. If you do.....let me know)
      Last edited by Spinaker; April 11, 2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois to you.

Comment

Thanks all. I have been around awhile, but (alas) do not have a dedicated smoker. I've used the ideas on this site to modify my Weber Silver B (15+ years old) as a smoker, but do get some fluctuations that throw off timing. I am a BBQ snob and love the last meal ribs recipe here as well as others. A friend of mine has and loves the PBC but I haven't had first hand experience of his cooking. Maybe it's time to invite myself over...

Anyway back to the Cuisinart. It looks like it might be the Dyna-Glo Gas Vert. Smoker. I'll save my money for now and decide later. Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Good call Scott. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Welcome to The Pit Scott.

Comment

Welcome to the pit

Comment

Welcome! Good luck on your decision.

Comment

ColoradoScott, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                Enjoy "The Pit"!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

My brother had one a few years back that was a similar design different name brand though, I remember him telling me he had a hard time controlling the temperature because of all the leaks that had, now I'm not saying that one has the same leaks it may be an updated version. My brother's like me we grill every weekend or smoke and he's been through more than a dozen smokers. Not sure of the name brand he has now but I know it's a stick burner and it cost a pretty good chunk of money and he's been using it for several years. I would thoroughly investigate and find out what works best for you good luck in your purchase and don't forget whatever you buy share pictures LOL

Comment

I know that our wood burning stove and pellet stove (for heating inside the house, not cooking) have both had to have high heat sealant rope re-glued into them to seal their leaks. Has anyone tried this with a cheapo smoker? I wonder if that might turn a cheap one into a superstar...just a thought

Comment

It is also available on amazon at a lower price with free shipping. There are 19 reviews on the amazon site:

Last edited by bten; April 26, 2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                        Let us know when ya' pull th' trigger, an git to smokin some great food!!!

Comment

The question with any vertical gasser is will it hold low and slow temps around 225 f? I purchased the Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault from Amazon for about $235 plus shipping. I like it a lot! I can actually dial it down to about 180f for warming. It has cooking sweet spots around 235f and 265 f. And will go up to around 400f. This thing is big! It will hold a LOT of meat. And will hold a large turkey no problem. Very good performance for that price! Meathead's Gold Medal rating is spot on....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
                            Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                            Let us know when ya' pull th' trigger, an git to smokin some great food!!!
                            Thanks. I grew up in Kansas near where they make the Yoder smokers now. Those are on my high end wish list! My taste for fine BBQ followed me here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here