Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deciding on a purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deciding on a purchase

I'm considering buying the Masterbuilt MB20051316or the Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24. How do people like their Master Built? What are your experiences smoking brisket? Ribs?

Thanks in advance.

What other grills do you have? Before buying, a hands-on inspection.

Comment

• Thomassen
      Thomassen commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a Pit Barrel Cooker. I live in Oakland, CA and we have experienced many many of Spare the Air days due to winds carrying wild fire smoke that settles here over the past three years (6 weeks in a row last year). Am unable to burn charcoal or use a stick burner during those days. The extended fire season here is limiting the days I can use my PBC.
      Last edited by Thomassen; September 6, 2021, 01:26 PM.

The SV tends to be more popular around here.

Ok folks, now, you know I am just window shopping here, but at some point this summer, I am going to add a "budget" smoker to my kit, as I have FINALLY cleared 3 cookers out of the backyard and off to the various kids houses as they got married and/or got houses all this year. I'm on tap to do pulled pork and pulled

Comment

Have had a Smoke Vault 24 since 2012 and am still very happy with it. Lots of space and it produces some fine smoked food. Temperatures are very stable.

Comment

If you haven't already looked at this thread, you should. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-boss-5-series

I recommend the Masterbuilt over the Smoke Vault. Also. Max Good did a nice review of the MPS 340G XL in the free side product reviews.

Comment

• Thomassen
          Thomassen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here