Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault, flame-out, flame goes out, burner goes out out at low setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault, flame-out, flame goes out, burner goes out out at low setting

Finally bought my Smoke Vault and found that the burner goes out even in a very low wind. Tried closing the vents, not much difference. Sad coming back to a cold smoker. Any suggestions? Should I try getting those sealing kits for the door? Make some sort of "skirt" for the bottom? Note: this is not high pressure from the tank, only opened 3/4 turn as suggested in another post.

Maybe their customer service can help you with this.
    Last edited by DWCowles; April 18, 2018, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      definately call CC, they were a great help when I called

I know if you open your tank valve to quickly it will lock the regulator up. Are you getting a good strong flame? Try turning your tank off then SLOWLY open it and see if you get better results. Otherwise as others have said Camp Chef customer service is outstanding is my experience.

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the valve locking up the regulator. Happened to me when first starting with the vault. Also recommend that you only turn on tank valve 3/4 to 1-1/2 turns for cooking.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180422_170341.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.38 MB ID:	493549
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the upside down, they look right on my computer.
      I got some stainless sheet metal from the roofing dept at Home Depot and self threading sheet metal screws. Cut to fit, painted black, drilled holes thru sheet and legs, put in the screws and cut off the screw ends with a recip saw. Had to do some fancy cutting around the temp setting, but no big deal.
      So far this seems to have much improved the flameout problem.
      NOW I may have to upgrade my WIFI so that my cell phone maintains touch with my FireBoard and tells me when the temp gets out of range. Men and boys, and the price of their toys.
      Hope this helps some folks out there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here