Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef SV review mostly MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Chef SV review mostly MIA

So, I wanted to read the review Max Good did of the Smoke Vault to see if there were tips I could use when I set mine up but... the review page at https://amazingribs.com/smoker/camp-...ult-24-review/ just shows the intro, the short video and ends here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 4.45.29 PM.png
Views:	176
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	1232805

I could swear I read a much more in-depth version of this review... help?

It's an older review and rather brief. Bottom line: we like the Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24" a lot!

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh, I thought I read a much more detailed review. What's there is almost just an overview . Must have been a post here I guess.

Using mine the times I did here is what I came up with.

Door needs a gasket for good temperature control.

I always left all vents wide open. I did fashion a dryer vent style hood out of cardboard and some magnets to put over the side vents when it became windy. It still got all the air flow in but not the wind.

I used wood chips and wood chunks in mine. The chips started to smolder quickly and then the chunks kicked in.

Always line what you can in aluminum foil. It can be a bit of a pain to clean up.

If I remember correctly the upper section of the vault ran 10° to 15° hotter than lower in the vault.

If I think of anything more I’ll post again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here