Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2-zones setup for a 4 burners + sear station (genesis II sp435)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-zones setup for a 4 burners + sear station (genesis II sp435)

Hey,
    I'm running the dry-runs to get to 225 in the 2 zones setup.
    If I set to minimum the 2 right burners, I can get 240. I'm new to this method so I'm trying to understand if this is close enough, considering that when cooking some heat will be absorbed by the meat, or do I have to try a single burner or the water pan?
    Thanks
    R

Welcome to the Pit!

How much space is that leaving you on the indirect side? 240* is a fine temp for low n slow cooking. What are you using for reading gate temps? I've found thermometers that come with cookers to be not to good.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you tried the "toast" method for finding hot spots on your grill? Good to know where they are.

The indirect side is half the grill, so the area is 17"x19". for reading temps I'm using a ThermPro I bought some time ago on Amazon, I'm still undecided for the igrill3.
    I will do some more dry run with just a burner and see if I can get closer.

Comment

zuli 240F is close enough - most cooks I do that are low and slow are between 225 and 250.

I have a Genesis II E-410, and have done indirect the same way - mostly for doing a reverse sear on steaks, as I don't smoke on the gas grill. I'll run the two left burns, with the steaks on the right side of the grill, and then when they hit about 120F, I crank up the far left burner to high for a few minutes, and then use that area to sear the steaks.

Actually, I cooked a spiral sliced ham from the store for Christmas by turning the two end burners on, and putting the ham in the center of the grate, and just adjusted until I was around 350F in the indirect zone. Saved the wife space in the oven for side dishes.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here