Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit of maintenance and spit and polish for the gasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of maintenance and spit and polish for the gasser

The igniter on my E330 SE has been very finicky lately. I’ve burnished the igniter battery contacts a couple of times which temporarily revived it but it hasn’t worked now for about 2 weeks. I had to manually light the burners for my last 2 cooks using the gasser.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F3CC1E65-5744-423B-BD0B-DF11698C4EB6.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	1304993
    I ordered a new igniter kit last week and it arrived 2 days ago. It installed easily enough and reminded me again how well built the Webers are of this generation (2015).

Name:	E76A8A8F-BF9D-4611-B035-28701FAFCCCF.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	1304994
    Since I had to remove the grates and flavorizer bars, I went ahead and did some pretty serious fall cleaning underneath. I had begun to notice some hot and cold spots when cooking. I scraped all the crud I could from the sides and bottom of the firebox then scrubbed the burner tubes. Wow, blue flames again!

Name:	0AF1FF3D-43E7-476F-AA91-081EBDFE04A5.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1304992
    Since the knobs hard to be pulled, I also scrubbed the SS faceplate to the point of removing any remaining lettering and pointer marks for the knobs. I had a brain fart and used my label maker to make new knob pointer marks and a sear station indicator.

This little refurbishment took about 2.5 hours and a considerable amount of elbow grease. It’s about the 3rd deep cleaning since I got it 7 years ago. I’m looking forward to many more years of cooking on it.

WayneT I cleaned my Weber gasser today, also. There sure was a lot of gunk that you can't see when the grates and flavor bars are in place.

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, it can get ugly under there. Must be fall grill cleanup time. 😎

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      After I got the Weber done, I looked at my others and got so motivated.....I went inside and watched the Cardinals/Phillies game. There is always tomorrow for cleaning more grills.

I've had the same model for nine years and clean mine a few times a year. I replaced the igniters about a year ago and they have been working fine. I clean the outside (the cheap 430 stainless) with Bar Keepers as we live in FL and it get rust spots. I do find wiping it with thin coat of mineral oil helps keep the rust spots from getting any larger.

Need to clean my pellet and offset today before I put the ribs on.

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not nearly as fastidious as you when it comes to cleaning my gasser. I need to do better. However, I use it almost exclusively for searing now and have a CI or SS griddle on when I do that. I do wipe down all the SS on the, exterior after every cook.

I use to clean my gassed once a year. Now I clean my Traeger at the start of every cook. And today was the the day to clean it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here