Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EP-335 GBS, E-325s or E-310 GBS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EP-335 GBS, E-325s or E-310 GBS?

Hi! Nice to be part of the forum! I would very much like some advise in regards to if I should buy Weber genesis EP-335 GBS, E-325s or E-310 GBS? thanks in advance!

Welcome to The Pit.

It would help us to help you if we knew what you want to cook on this new cooker. It wouldn't hurt to know how many people you might be cookin' for either. And your budget would also help.

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
      Welcome to The Pit.

It would help us to help you if we knew what you want to cook on this new cooker. It wouldn't hurt to know how many people you might be cookin' for either. And your budget would also help.
      Hi and thank you!

I am a beginner who is planning to try as many different things as possible but most likely it will be a lot of burgers, steaks, sausages etc.

We are 4 people in the family.

The models listed above is the weber models I am able to afford based on the current weber promotions taking place in Sweden
      Last edited by jakey; March 27, 2022, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I don't have a gas grill, but someone will be along shortly who can help.

Comment

Hello for NW Oregon,

Comment

Full disclosure: I don't own a gasser, and haven't cooked on one in over 30 years. Please take all this with a healthy dose of Kosher salt.

The 335 and the 310 both got platinum medals from Max over on the free side, so I don't think you could go wrong with either.

The 335 has the side burner, which can come in handy, and more cooking space than the 310.

With the 335 you also get stainless steel grates instead of coated cast iron. The 335 also has a built in light that is missing from the 310.

If it were me, and the budget allowed it, I'd go with the 335 over the 310.

I'm not dismissing the 325, but Max hasn't done a review of it, and I don't own one. It looks like the 325 is a slightly larger 310 from what I read, but it's all guess work on my part.
            Last edited by willxfmr; March 27, 2022, 05:30 PM.

Comment

If I'm looking at the models correctly, it's mostly just personal preference. I just bought a S-345 last year which is the E-335 you listed with lighted knobs, stainless finish and grates and an iGrill included. The searing burner is nice when cooking steaks as it adds more heat to the right side. The side burner can be convenient too for frying and things you don't want to cook indoors.

The E-325S is the new 2022 model (with sear and no side). It's mostly looks as far as changes, but has better casters/wheels and the new accessory system. I think Weber's accessory systems are mostly a joke as you can buy 3rd party stuff that covers the same uses and can use the 3rd party stuff on other grills for much less cost.

The E-310 is the no frills 3 burner. The open cart probably has less risk of rust over time if it's going to be out in the weather.

So, you need to decide mostly on the sear burner and side burner value to you. Then if you like the new or old style better. In the US the 2021 models have a 10 year warranty and the 2022 have less warranty and it divided by different parts of the grill. So, you might look at the EU warranties as well.
              Last edited by glitchy; March 28, 2022, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I'm a big fan of sear burners! The 310 gets hot, but I recommend you go with the 325 or 335 for the added cooking dimension provided by the sear burners.

Comment

• RichieB
                  RichieB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whatever this man says. He is the "Keeper of the Flame for the Pit".

I had similar questions when I purchased my Weber gasser, I went with the sear burner and I do not regret that decision. I almost always use the sear burner and it will put a decent sear on a steak. The side burner is also a nice feature. I like the stainless grates they are easy to clean and there no porcelain coating to chip off.

Comment

I've been using an EP-330 (predecessor to the EP-335) for the past seven years and couldn't be happier. The stainless innards are a Godsend and the sear burner gets used constantly. The side burner, however, not so much. In fact, other than using it as a place to set things that might scratch the stainless finish on the shelf, I haven't really used it at all. You might. I know that others find it useful. Regardless, all of your candidate models are good ones.

Comment

I have a Genesis II E-410, and the E-310 is basically the last year model, replaced by the newer redesigned Genesis line (they dropped the II off it).

I really recommend going with one of the new models if you can, as they have much more clearance with the lid and grate if you ever think about getting a rotisserie. I wasted money on a rotisserie for mine, and you have to remove the cooking grates and even doing that, a normal sized chicken must be trussed very tightly to avoid hitting the flavorizer bars (the shields over the burners), and I could not fit a drip pan of veggies under the chicken like I wanted to do. I've looked at the new E-325S and the E-335 in person, and think either one of those would be great. They add a sear burner over the 310, and only you know if you feel a side burner is worth it. I last had a side burner 20 years ago, and did not use it then. But I cook more outside now, and feel I might use it for side dishes, sauces, etc.

That said, when I got my E-410, on clearance, I didn't care that it did not have a side burner, as I've bought a couple of cast iron pots and skillets that can actually be used in/on the grill, without worrying about a sideburner.
                    Last edited by jfmorris; March 28, 2022, 08:41 PM.

Comment

First of all... Welcome to the Pit!
                      I have the Genesis 2 335 EP and I do recomend it.. it has a sideburner, searstation and 3 powerful burners..
                      i've had it for 3 weeks now and sre superhappy so far.. highly recomended👍👍
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220312_161714.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	1197675

Last edited by Elton's BBQ; March 29, 2022, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia. I have had Summit's over the years but I feel like the Genesis will be similar. I would follow others advice here on the Genesis though. They will not steer you wrong...

Comment

Welcome from NC. While I have a Summit and not a Genesis, I make heavy use of the sear and the side burner both. And I love the stainless grates. If they're all in your price range I would go with the 335.

Comment

I have an NG Genesis that I bought a few years ago and as a side burner and a sear station. I did replace the stainless steel grates with grill grates and that is not something I regret because I was getting sick and tired of not getting a hot enough temperature to sear my steaks and I kept losing vegetables through the grates anyways and all the different basket options out there didn’t seem worth it to me. Well I don’t use the side burner a whole lot, every time I have used it I’m glad that I got it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here