Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for suggestions for a new Weber.. I think mine has finally given up on me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for suggestions for a new Weber.. I think mine has finally given up on me...

Good afternoon, I am in the market for a new grill and am looking at another Weber..We cook for 4 of us at home and live up in NH, so it is used all winter long. I am looking for a good grill, as my current Silver B is 19+ years old, rotted on the frame and having a tough time lighting. I have been looking around and am amazed how the prices have increased, but last time I bought a grill, my kids were in diapers. If a new Weber holds up like this one did, I'm all in..lol.... I have replaced parts on it for years and even bought grill grates for it, now is the time, I think. Its like an old blanket and hard to part with..I have been looking at the Genesis ll E-335. I guess Im looking for suggestions....
    Last edited by philip boisvert; March 11, 2022, 03:13 PM.

I'll let the gassy people chime in, but I think the Webers are hard to beat on a price/performance basis. Make sure you check out the review on the free side too https://amazingribs.com/ratings_revi...335-gas-grill/

Oh and welcome!

Comment

We very very much like our Weber Genesis. The new 2022 models have some fancy new features (see comments below)!!!

We think the general consensus will be that for a gasser - you can't go wrong with the Weber. Keep in mind that you can't convert a Weber from propane to natural gas (at least, not easily that we know of) -- so if that's something that is in your plan to make a switch-a-roo at some point, make the correct choice of model from the start.
      Last edited by WillTravelForFood; March 12, 2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Sorry, but I can't help - not a gasser user...

Comment

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          So why do you comment??

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Deep fried foods only 😋

I've had a Weber gasser for nine years and it does fit our needs pretty well but if I was looking at a new one I would certainly be considering a Napoleon. For a similar amount of $$ I think the Napoleon is the better bang for the buck, check them out.

Comment

I'd echo Redwng . I've had a Napoleon Prestige Pro 500 for about four years and am loving it. It is my first gasser.

Comment

I've got the basic 3-burner Weber Spirit, and it's just fine for our two-person household. Adding the GrillGrates was a huge improvement, I'll never go back to standard grates. I've never lived where there are harsh winters though, so can't comment on that. Good luck!

Comment

I can strongly recommend the Weber gas grills. I have had my Genesis S335 for 9 years now and still going strong. If anything would break and needs replacement Weber supports their models for many years and replacement parts are easy to get. I use the gas grill weekly in any weather and once a year give it a spring clean to keep it in good shape.

Comment

WillTravelForFood The new Weber Smart Gas Grills do not have thermostatic temperature control. They do have a built in temp probe that monitors cooking temps. Although Weber doesn't recommend converting their LP models to natural gas, they do make natural gas models. Decide before you buy.

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
                  WillTravelForFood commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thx for confirming the "decide before you buy" comment.

And we knew you'd chime in to correct/clarify as necessary on the new features. THX!

I gave my 2002 Weber Genesis Silver A (2 burner) to my daughter when she got married 2 years ago, and bought myself a 4 burner Genesis II. I like the new model that I am seeing in Lowes of the redesigned Genesis - they've gone back to an enclosed cart, and have increased the sidewall height of the firebox so that a rotisserie may actually have clearance again - it does NOT on my 2019 Genesis 4 burner.

I say go Weber - you won't regret it. That said, the Silver A/B/etc grills had a 20-25 year warranty on the firebox. The new grills have a 10 year warranty, and the metal seems a little thinner, just like everything else, but I think they will hold up as well as anything else sold today.

Comment

Well, I’ve had my Summit (Platinum D6 6-burner yada yada) since 2005. It’s still going strong and looks great.
                  But…
                  The new ones that I’ve seen certainly look pretty, but don’t seem to be built as well as mine. Thinner materials, lower quality stainless, shorter warranty, etc.

If I felt the need to replace it, I would have a serious look at a Napoleon. At least as far as the most recent models that I’ve seen can be judged.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ditto about my Summit--much better built than the new ones, from what I've seen--14 years old.

Kathryn

Costco sells a S-345 that is a pretty decent deal. It comes with lighted knobs, a cover, iGrill, and stainless grates. In stores it is usually less than the S-335 sells for alone other places. I think since it’s still a 2021 model, you’d get the full 10 year warranty.

Comment

Ace Hardware had a bunch of Weber Genesis gassers on sale with a big markdown when I was in there last week. Trying to clear them out for the new models, maybe. Might be worth a look.

Kathryn

Comment

I replaced my Silver B in December. The old girl would have been 20 in May, and had been used most nights of the week during her life. Like yours, many parts had been replaced over the years, but the frame totally rusted out. Didn’t even need tools to dissemble the lower section!
                      I wanted to purchase something locally and ended up getting the Genesis ll S-335 at Lowes. I am very satisfied with the performance. It took a couple of hours to assemble and Weber has a great app for assembly. I had to cut down my old Grill Grates on a chop saw to fit, but everything is up and running, and the new grill gets hotter.
                      The only issue was some missing plastic parts. A call to the Weber customer service department had the parts sent out in just a few days. The customer service rep was not the most pleasant individual to deal with, kind of surprising.

Comment

Kind of in the same boat. My Genesis Silver C, cira 2003/4 is finally showing it's age. I've routinely replaced the flavorizer bars, clean it seasonally, replaced the drip pan holder the metal do-hicky that it attaches to and the crossover ignition tube. But now that both ignition switches have crapped out (side burner and main), it might be time... but hey, 18-19yrs is a heck of a good run.

Was just looking to get another Genesis 3 burner with side burner until I went into my local Costco a few weeks ago. What I saw was a stop in your tracks moment. Weber Genesis II S-435 with side burner and includes cover and ihub for $1299.99!! Yes it's last year's model (side burner is on the right), but it's still less then the current 3 burner and $500 less then the current S-435 and if you count the includes, that's another ~ $200.

Will probably go and get it in the next week or two.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here