Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Webber Summit E470 Part replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webber Summit E470 Part replacement

I had a rough cook yesterday on the Summit (left the sear burner on unattended) and cooked the thermometer (reads 0 degrees). I know these bimetallic thermometers are mostly worthless, but is it worth replacing it? Is there a better option? I am open to all suggestions.

Keith

Interested in the responses as my Summit's thermometer failed last year and I've been trying to decide if I wanted to bother replacing it or not. I know it wasn't accurate but I knew where I wanted it to be for various cooks...

Comment

• Kascon11
      Kascon11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly what i was thinking but could not communicate that.

If ya gotta have a replacement, Tell Tru makes good stuff:

Manufacturer and distributor of Bimetal Thermometers, Digital Thermometers, Temperature and Pressure Transmitters, Pressure Gauges and Accessory products

However, the probe will still be well above the grate and will probably read higher than grate temps.

Comment

• Kascon11
      Kascon11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I will have to contact them as the one I think I need is not available on line.

• Kascon11
      Kascon11 commented
      Editing a comment
      That brings up a good question. Yes the probe is well abopuve the grates, however my summit has 4 burners and my cooks vary as to what burner(s) I am using, so above might provide an general temp? With that being said, is there an ideal placement for a probe? I was thinking of drilling a hole in the side for a permanent probe but could never decide on the proper placement.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Kascon11 - the ideal location in about 1" from your protein and an inch or so off the grate. If ya don't have a grate clip, you can ball up some aluminum foil and stick the probe though that.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here