Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got my big-boy grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They look good enough to pair them with PBR. I would eat those.
    What sides?

Comment

• prepperjack
      prepperjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Kept it simple that night - Potato Salad and grilled Corn on the Cob!

I recently got the Spirit 330 which looks to be a smaller edition of your new grill. Probably some under the hood differences but close cousins for sure. Am loving it!

Comment

prepperjack So, after a couple months what are you thinking of your Genesis? I picked up almost the exact same grill a few days ago and only have a couple cooks down so far. My take away so far is it gets hot! I’ve never had a gasser pump out that kinda heat when opening the lid. Any special tips/tricks you found yet for cooking with it?

I’m really liking it so far. I’m debating on GrillGrates as I’m not the biggest GrillGrate fan outside of searing on pellet grills, but have been debating getting a half set to leave on inverted all the time versus a griddle to have to store separately.

Comment

• prepperjack
        prepperjack commented
        Editing a comment
        glitchy I love it, and I do agree that it gets quite hot and very fast. I've been really impressed with how easy it is to cook on. All of my other grills have been a PITA to manage flare-ups, and deal with hot/cold zones, but from the first cook I was absolutely sold. I'm looking forward to doing a lot more cooks with it. The iGrill3 system is really nice, too, though all I really use it for is to monitor the propane level

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a full set of replacement Grillgrates on a 4 burner Genesis II, and before I had the flat top, I kept half flat side up, and half rail side up. Using the flat side was great for smash burgers without having a dedicated griddle. If you run it on low heat, you can also fry a ton of bacon and let the built in grease management funnel all the grease to the cup. Don't griddle bacon that way on high though - otherwise a grease fire can develop below the grate. I speak from experience!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        For most cooking with the Genesis II, I preheat on high for 10-15 minutes, which helps burn off stuff from the last cook. I brush the grates, then turn it to Med, or Med-Low after putting the meat on the grill. Seems to work pretty well for me that way. I rarely do a burn off after the cook anymore, but just turn it off and go inside with the food to eat.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here