Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Gas Grills: recommendations requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural Gas Grills: recommendations requested

hi all, i like the convenience of grilling with natural gas (and occasionally smoking with a chip pan): no fuel to add, no tank to change.

do you guys have any recommendations for something relatively high end? high output, good number and placement of burners (for multizone cooking and indirect cooking/smoking possibilities)...

also, do you know of any product that has a temp controller (with feedback loop) for smoking? ideally where just one burner on the edge can be used for indirect? i'm guessing there's no such product, and if that's the case, i'm probably going to build a control system around a servo valve, but i'd rather save myself the effort.

i realize that something like a pellet smoker might be a good option for me instead, but yeah. i'm lazy and don't like shopping for fuel.

I absolutely love my Weber Summit S-670 gasser. Lots of burners, lots of flexibility, nice side burner and rotisserie, and a stable heat profile. I've even smoked briskets on it, although now I prefer my Pit Barrel Cooker for smoking everything but fish.

An added bonus: the thermometer in the hood is actually accurate! Imagine that!

Kathryn

Comment

thanks, i'll check it out

Comment

Look at Lynx

Comment

How bout a used Genesis. Great parts availability, and you could customize it however you want without worry or guilt!

Comment

Comment

I use a Weber Q - not the best, but a good place to start on a budget IMHO

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here