Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King Kooker Dual-Burner Patio Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Kooker Dual-Burner Patio Cart

It ain't no Campchef Somerset IV...

I picked up this "King Cooker Boil & Fry cart" today for $50 from a member of my home brew club. Not fancy, but the price was right, and I am hoping that the combination of a 105K BTU jet burner and 60K BTU cast iron burner will help with my outdoor boiling and frying needs.... it was a little rusty, and I already hit it with some grill paint I had in the garage...

That jet burner puts out 12 to 18 inches of flame, and is pretty scary without a big pot on it!

That is a pretty abused "keggle" sitting on top of it, that I pulled out just to check the fit of a 15 gallon brew pot with. I think the guy who gave me this keggle (keg turned into kettle = keggle) had used a sledge hammer to beat down the rim, likely to get the bottom of the pot closer to the burner.

For now it is in the spot abandoned by my Weber Genesis Silver A, which I took to a new home yesterday - my newly wed daughter's house. I will be moving it far far away from those old wooden steps before lighting it a second time. The jet burner freaked me out and I killed it pretty quick due to location.

Click image for larger version  Name:	21017D07-8519-432E-9B44-18028290C119.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.32 MB ID:	848945
    Last edited by jfmorris; May 20, 2020, 03:34 PM.

I'm thinking...

Click image for larger version

Name:	844740.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	848966

Comment

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yepper! Feed a bunch.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I need a big wok! We have a non stick one hanging in the pantry that works well enough on the gas cooktop in the kitchen, but nothing as huge as that 24" monster pan above!

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually only have a couple of 18" and 9" cast iron woks. Because I have the EVO I don't know if I'll get a larger lightweight wok. Time will tell.

Well, I am already planning to do a low country boil with shrimp and crab legs for Memorial Day on Monday, versus grilling burgers and brats...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here