Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which new gasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which new gasser

Hi,

I have an old Weber Genesis that is on it's last legs and I am ready to get an upgrade. For a budget of $2K-$3K, what would you recommend?

I already have a rec-tec smoker, so the gasser is strictly for grilling. A larger grill would be nice for parties. And I would love to have a rotisserie. And I will be using propane.

May I suggest you look at this site bbqguys.com They not only carry the Weber's but also other high end gas grills at the top end of the gas end of the grilling industry. It is my favorite site when I go grilling dreaming.

Comment

I recommend you take a look at the Napoleon gassers. Top notch. I own a Weber Summit which I’m very happy with. For the budget you have you will get a top notch cooker. Good luck !!

Comment

Freestanding? I'm looking at my options for a built-in. I have my eye on the Blaze 34" and 40". Check them out at BBQguys.com

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on the Blaze units, great quality.

Love my Genesis 2 S-335, sounds like you might want the 435.

Comment

BBQ Guys is where I purchased my Blazer 32" 4-burner (not the LTE). The left burner can be replaced with an IR for searing (optional). No side burner tho. Can get side burners for built ins versions. I got an IR searing burner and the rotisserie. It is very configurable.

Comment

The Summit has all the bells ... all the whistles ... and it’s a Weber.

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Attjack you can get Grillgrates to 1100F before they melt. They recommend keeping them below 800F.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              jfmorris Glad I heard that wong because mine do get hot.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Attjack a buddy with a Yoder YS640 melted a hole in the center of a set of Grillgrates recently. He was running in ‘sear’ mode with the heat deflector removed, and went off and left the top of the grill open with the temp set to 500, and forgot about it. Running open it could not ever see 500 at the temp sensor and kept dumping pellets... so it definitely exceeded the 1125F melting point of aluminum!

Still loving my 2005 6-burner Weber Summit. (Platinum D6)
            It's got the side burner, rotisserie burner, smoke box and yada yada yada.

Not sure what I would do if it ever needed to be replaced...don't see that happening anytime soon though as it's a beast.
            But given how I like it...I would defo have a look at the latest Weber offerings.

Comment

• Dan Deter
              Dan Deter commented
              Editing a comment
              What he said, only mine's a 2013. For that price range you can get the top Summit with all the bells and whistles.

What's a gasser?

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              A convenient cooking implement to complement your charcoal cooking implements.

Saber or Napoleon.

Comment

Komodo Kamado. Goodbye to gas forever.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't know about that. I'm not giving up my gas range or gas grill no matter how good my charcoal grill is. I want it all.

Originally posted by mikehahn View Post
              Hi,

I have an old Weber Genesis that is on it's last legs and I am ready to get an upgrade. For a budget of $2K-$3K, what would you recommend?

I already have a rec-tec smoker, so the gasser is strictly for grilling. A larger grill would be nice for parties. And I would love to have a rotisserie. And I will be using propane.
              I've got a 2002 Weber Genesis, that is still in good shape, but recently retired in lieu of a new Genesis II 4 burner. I love the new grill, but hate the rotisserie setup on the Genesis II - it is an afterthought. I would look hard at the Weber Summit grills, and the Napoleons.

Comment

Naploean or blaze.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob's BBQ View Post
                  What's a gasser?

Comment

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    lol. Door slammer. But is it still a Gasser if it doesn't run on pump fuel? Race fuel?

• Bob's BBQ
                    Bob's BBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Now that's a gasser!!

Thanks very much for all of the tips. I placed an order with BBQGUYS this morning for the Weber Summit S-670

Comment

• Dan Deter
                    Dan Deter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Excellent Choice!

• surfdog
                    surfdog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A fine choice. Having six burners really ramps up the versatility. (Not to mention the infrared burner & rotisserie.)
                    As much as I love my Summit Charcoal...I'll never be without my Summit gasser.

• ScooterMcQue
                    ScooterMcQue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope you are enjoying it. I have had the Summit 670 (with the black enamel lid) for 5 years. I own a 26" Weber kettle and a large gas smoker, but the Summit is my go-to, especially in the winter or when I am pressed for time and just don't feel like dealing with the extra hassle of charcoal - it's so versatile. I outfitted mine with grill grates two years ago, and the sear I now get on a steak is amazing.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here