Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First gas grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First gas grill

Weber Genesis II S-335. Currently performing the initial burn in to get rid of any of manufacturing residues. Had a hiccup to start with, the burner all the way to the left did not have the igniter fully seated. Once I got that popped in with the help of customer service I was all good to go. You could manually light it but pushing a button is so much simpler.

I have this thing stationed right outside my laundry room door so I just have to step out on the step and start grilling. I have it on 4 x 16 x 16 cement steps. I don't even want to know how much these things weigh.

I have the grill cover and rotisserie.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190518_135438.jpg Views:	1 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	681004Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190518_135446.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.5 KB ID:	681005Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190518_135743.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.4 KB ID:	681006

Ah, she’s a beauty! Congrats!

Comment

You're going to love that grill! I have had the previous version of basically the same thing (an EP-330) for the past 4 years and I wouldn't trade it for (almost) anything ...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I really lacked grilling capacity for church functions and what not. Smoking, not a problem.

Nice pick up! Nice Shine!

Comment

Nice ride JBrou

Comment

Welcome to the 19th century! Or was that the 18th? I do wish I had a side burner on my Blaze.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            1980's. My uncle had one next door. We never used anything other than charcoal. I figure with big cooks much easier to hand this over to someone and say, "Here ya go, all yours."

I own it’s big brother Summit unit, you’re gonna love what it can do. At one point about 10 years ago when I gave up my stick burner, that’s all I cooked on. 👍

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            In the box this thing was like 200+. Barely got it on the dolly and to the garage. Glad I didn't even consider anything bigger. Just ordered GrillGrates for it.

Congrats on the new cooker.

Comment

I so want a sear burner in my Weber. Enjoy

Comment

The are great cookers.

Comment

Looks boooteeeful!

Comment

I've had a summit for 13 years. I've replaced lots of parts over time. Those grill grates will be an improvement over the standard stainless ones, at least the ones that came with mine. I quit replacing igniters on my unit. The crapped out quickly. Hopefully the new versions will last for you. With all the minor issues I've had, I still use it a lot. I'm sure you'll like yours.

Comment

Oh, it’s so pretty!!

My ex got the Weber. I loved my old gasser!! I miss that thing. I’m sure you will kill it.

Comment

Nice grill!

Comment

I love my Summit S650--solid, reliable. Never had a bit of trouble with it except for the time I melted the diffuser on my side burner starting a chimney of charcoal directly over the burner (no grate). Weber replaced the part in a New York minute, and I was back in business.

Enjoy the ease of cooking with a gasser. It's a nice addition to your arsenal.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here