Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS Itch... Scratched. For Now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS Itch... Scratched. For Now.

I finally got the green light to replace my 18 year old Char-Broil gasser with something that does not suck. So I ordered myself one of these bad boys:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7062.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	1575268

Fits my workflow much better than a gas grill that doesn't actually, you know, GRILL. The side burner on the gasser has really been the only thing that's gotten used on it in years, three burners is just a game changer.

And I think it really ties the space together:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7064.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	1575269

I am curious how 3 30,000 BTU burners are on propane usage.

So, the MCS itch has been scratched... for now. Now we move on to GAS, because there's an '89 Squire E9 P Bass on FB Marketplace, and I have technically missed 3 birthdays...

Can you actually put a griddle on too too and make it multi-purpose?

Comment

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely! I have an optional CC cast iron griddle (ribbed one side, smooth the other) I use occasionally on my 4 burner CC. The griddle covers two burners, helps to use the CC diffusers to manage operating temps.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      He could possibly put on a multi-purpose tutu and then griddle. (Sorry I had to)

Cool pickup! Get that sucker goin!

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker.

Comment

Sweet. Let's see some action on that baby. Good luck on the Squire, this may be your lucky week.

Comment

Good buy! I’m a fan of Camp Chef products. I bought both of my sons Squire Strats in the late 80’s, they loved them. If you buy the bass please post a picture.

Comment

Congratulations. Cook on!

Comment

I have a camp chef stove - a Tahoe. It works really well. I didn't really monitor my propane usage, but one tank lasted a long time with me using once a week on average. I haven't used it in awhile though. I need to fire it up soon.

Comment

I've been considering something like this for fish camp. Often the two-burner Coleman stove is too tiny. Definitely an outdoor cooking station! Congrats.

Comment

Yeah, that is one nice outdoor stove. I would get the 2 or 3 burner griddle top to go with it, and you will have the full flat top experience when you want it.

Comment

• mnavarre
                    mnavarre commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I already have a griddle, so I'm covered there. The pizza oven will definitely be the first accessory purchase though.

Enjoy both of your new toys!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Just love to see a new MCS victim. Congratulations

Comment

Nice! Can't wait to see some of your cooks posted.

Comment

Looks tempting. I have too many 'wants' on my list right now. đŸ˜­

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here