Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explosions and severe injuries prompt company to recall nearly 20,000 grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explosions and severe injuries prompt company to recall nearly 20,000 grills

PSA: Explosions and severe injuries prompt company to recall nearly 20,000 grills (msn.com)

Paradise Grills sold the recalled about 18,000 models at showrooms and at home, boat, and RV shows nationwide from January 2009 through December 2020.

How would *liquid* propane get in there?

Comment

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      My question exactly. Not possible for it to be liquid coming out of the pancake regulator... they must mean a collection of fumes.

And, if I read it correctly, it was 2 explosions. Now I have seen this happen from time to time with inexperienced peeps, one bein a news celebrity recently, where the flames go out & they try to relight & there is a gas build up & wammo! Sounds like some lawyers are havin a good time. Then again, we don’t have all the information.

Comment

Just a freindly reminder for everyone, add some liquid dish soap and water to a small spray bottle kept near your gasser. This is what i do everytime after turning on the propane tanks gas knob. If any leaks are present, you'll have bubbles galore which should be easily spoted before sparking up any BBQ gasser. It only takes a minute and very easy to do and may save a life or your property.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here