Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2022 edition of the Crapmaster2000 chronicles continued :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2022 edition of the Crapmaster2000 chronicles continued :)

Well, happy 2022!
    I was looking for the thread where I posted the Crapmaster2000 updates and could not find them, moderators? Help?
    Just want to do a spring update as to the status of the ultimate grilling machine for 2022....
    Think I'll hold off for a bit hoping for some info where my thread went to, liking continuity.

Film at 11

Search Result - Pitmaster Club (amazingribs.com) will this help?

tmaan235 replied to Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021
    in Show Us What You're Cooking!
    December 2, 2021, 07:26 PM
    Crapmaster 2000 update...
    Brought the warhorse inside for the winter tonight. It's Wisconsin and I have a very leaky door to the porch and I don'y own the door or the place...
    SEE MORE | GO TO POST

Comment

You talking about this? I see a few of these, but not a dedicated thread…

Summer is here in the northern hemisphere! Welcome to our new SUWYC Volume 22! please place all your shared cook pics here. Here's a link back (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/food-recipes-techniques-show-us-what-youre-cooking/show-tell/1006101-show-us-what-you-re-cooking-suwyc-volume-21-spring-2021) to the Spring 2021

Comment

SO!

I've been lax this year, my fault, really busy at work and don't feel like doing anything when I get home including filling out my mileage reports for work. Right now my last report for reimbursement is October 2021. Where does the time go?

Time for a CrapMaster update kiddies !!!!

The ol' girl did not weather well over the winter in the low cupboard inside the house ( This means 2nd. floor on the bottom cabinet, very dry storage, not the basement ). Upon spring deployment I found mass quantities of flaky rust everywhere. Time for a teardown and hammering rust off.
        It was successful, first cook was 550+ and made a perfect chuckeye
        Thought I was set for the summer buuuuuut she had other plans. Performance quickly degraded to the point to get temperature I was leaving the cover partially open and barely making 450.
        Many good cooks during the slowdown and many good meals but the time has come.

Tonight I just wanted an almost burned but rare inside burger and what I ended up with was well done and tough and it was a burger...
        Never got over 375 with the cover open. Retirement has come.

Tonight I ordered a Char Broil 240 small porch cooker. I liked the 21 lb shipping weight, means the case is cast aluminum or as they say in the UK aluminium
        Looking forward to many more super smoky posts to follow soon

RIP CrapMaster 2000. You will be missed, best $35 I ever spent. Is anyone interested in the putting her out in the alley video for the scrappers to pick up? It will be boring...

Yup, Tmaan said dat!
        Attached Files

Comment

Good ya got a new rig. We await the delivery & first cook,

Comment

You got some fun milage outta that thing, to be sure.

Comment

New update!
              Found out I cant quite throw the crapmaster 2000 away yet, it's making a good drink holder for now, it has some flat spots
              The new grill is working ok but needs mods.

It's built better. Still has the super duper heat with minimal control. This one runs to 650f with no difficulty. I am going to get a supply line regulator with a gauge that I can hopefully get the line pressure down and use the factory regulator to get temps into usable range.
              My first cook was 2 small chicken thighs and a cob of corn. Turned out edible but I had to resort to turning the burner off to get the temps down to not make the chicken into carbon units
              Let it be said the chicken was done Corn turned out ok too.

Purchased a gas regulator with a dial regulator and a pressure gauge for regulation. I have the grill running regulated and the 2 burner stove seeing full pressure because it has its own regulation. It is AMAZING!!! The grill has calmed down and makes perfect brats and burgers with no worries. And no carbon units For those running down this path. It seems that stock pressure is 30 lb. With the regulator i have it around 17.5 lb and it is behaving and cooking good.

Right now there is no way to throw wood chips in there with any way to make smoke.

Took a pasta ladle and drilled the holes larger for more heat and am playing with it. Sometimes it lights off and makes smoke, other times it just lights off and makes the temp go wild. Working on it

I also documented the assembly of the new grill if anyone is interested.

Otherwise I'm having a real good time exploring!!

Happy hunting to all !!!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Are you related to Hank Hill?

Comment

• tmaan235
                  tmaan235 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I taught him everything he knows

It's my solution to not having to buy a larger A/C unit and having sub $80 electric bills in the summer, an outdoor kitchen. If I use the stove inside in the summer it wipes out the A/C with authority.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here