Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temp Control on Napoleon TravelQ285X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp Control on Napoleon TravelQ285X

I love my TravelQ for use in our RV and bought one for our son who has a small apartment patio. I have only used it for standard burgers, steaks, etc where I don't really need low & slow cooking. My son was trying to make some ribs and even only using one burner on the lowest setting he couldn't get the temp below about 300 degrees. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cook at lower temps (like around 225)? Would it be possible to make a vertical metal panel to install in the middle and act like an SNS to divert heat up and around?

Surely someone has ideas about how to do 2-zone cooking on a small portable 2-burner gas grill. I know, I know, don’t call you Shirley.

Comment

Where there's a will there's a way to some extent, however, these small portable grills are meant for simple grilling, not low and slow smoking. And since you won't get any smoke flavor, you're just looking for a way of cooking ribs at around 225°F right? You could use his indoor oven to cook them low and slow then sauce and finish off on the Napoleon.
      Last edited by Max Good; June 29, 2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Fair enough. Thanks Max.

Comment

Here's another idea: https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker...-kamado-go-275

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here