Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in the saddle agin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the saddle agin.

Well this is the spot I place this here post I guess, in the Napolean section of the gasser section of the grills section, all cuz I didn’t want to take up valuable space in the "Show Us" post with all the great cooks & fine photography. Then again mebbee this isn’t the place, then again we know Ace is the Place, but I digress.
    I am starting to cook a little again as my wife’s health improves a bit. Our apartment authorities forced me to put my cookers in the garage, so I give you my new winter spot fer cookin. It wasn’t much, just a little chicken & a few brats fer munchin on & found another use fer my sear burner. Worked just fine doin some stir-fry. Yup, things are lookin good. 🕶 Click image for larger version

Name:	98FA2D09-341E-48F5-AB31-D0F24939674D.jpeg
Views:	388
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	794813Click image for larger version

Name:	649FC914-45D4-441D-9CEE-5358DCF6CFA3.jpeg
Views:	387
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	794814Click image for larger version

Name:	14CB19EB-1F79-4798-9A8C-441AF352E281.jpeg
Views:	364
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	794816Click image for larger version

Name:	55BAD18A-74B3-4D19-A157-FB956F283E18.jpeg
Views:	390
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	794815Click image for larger version

Name:	F5A873AE-3F94-4824-AE1F-9163002D3B2C.jpeg
Views:	400
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	794818Click image for larger version

Name:	884F69F5-5DF7-4C7A-841F-1CBF26D84F55.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	794817
    I filled this in
    13.04%
    Cuz I had to
    21.74%
    I guess
    65.22%

This poll seems rigged

Comment

Looks great! Maybe if you had the authorities down for a few ...

Comment

Roll with the punches that's all you can do.
        Both my wife and I have been healthy as horses all our lives, now I'm on disability for severe arthritis and she got home tonight from the Dr. with pills for high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
        Sucks getting old....
        Hey at least they gave you someplace to cook, they coulda said no altogether.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Jim White Yeah, good point, better on top of the sod....

• THE Humble Texan
          THE Humble Texan commented
          Editing a comment
          Many years ago at General Dynamics we had a lady with arthritis so bad her office hand NO furniture in it and her desk was the floor. It was the only way she was comfortable. Someone gave her a book on diet and in a few months she was going to the employee socials and dancing. I have no idea what the book was but her diet changes fixed her problems. Getting old is not for the young.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          THE Humble Texan Your comment is not without merit, having found out and spoken to people with the same arthritis as I have many have said the biggest improvement in they're condition was change of diet. The biggest culprit seemed to be gluten in they're diets.
          Most changed as the drugs prescribed have side effects worse than the arthritis.
          With both my wife's problems and mine our dietary changes have already begun.
          How this effects my smoking is yet to be determined.

I bet that garage smelled great!!!

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, it sure did.

Adjust! Life is about adjusting. But who gives a rip?
        Last edited by ofelles; January 22, 2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I would have enjoyed this in either section. I often wonder which I want to share in, but at the end of the day, if I'm just cookin' people care more about the food than what I cooked it with. Having said that, I envy your grill. I'll probably never get the pleasure of owning a quality gasser ever again (who am I kidding, a lifetime is plenty of time to accidently purchase an "unneeded" grill ) Also, cook more for your authorities... exceptions come to those who feed great food (probably not, but worth a bribe )
          Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; January 23, 2020, 05:31 AM.

Comment

What, no wibs?!

Comment

Glad to hear things are going enough better to get in some cooking. That has to feel a lot better for both of you.

Comment

Do they know about the Federal Wibb Authority? Federal trumps state or local laws.

Comment

Nice to see ya cookin’! Glad to hear the missus is better. The Napoleon looks great, so does the food👍.

Comment

What the heck is the poll for?🥴
                    Those brats and chicken look mighty fine though.

Glad to hear your wife is doing better. Send her my regards.
                    SteveB

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It popped up & I couldn’t post without fillin it in, so I did. 🕶

good to see you back.

Comment

Do what ya gotta do. Better to grill than not to. Hope your wife continues the road to recovery

Comment

I'm glad you are back at it, (I guess... ), and very glad your wife is getting better. Just do what you can when you can and don't sweat the rest.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here