Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Napoleon "Sizzle Zone" usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napoleon "Sizzle Zone" usage

On my p500 Napoleon says to put the grate on the higher position for searing in the side burner, and use the lower position for pots.

This puzzles me as I'd think you'd want it as close and hot as possible. Is there something I'm missing or are they just afraid people who don't reverse sear will burn stuff?

Seems odd. Very odd. Unless they’re worried about conductive heat on steaks leaving steaks tasting "burned". Seems odd though.

Comment

So I just used it on the low grate height. Did a great, but thin sear. Similar to what I'd get from a mapp torch. Wonder if the higher position would of given me a thicker crust.

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        My guess is no. But go ahead and experiment! Tell us! I learned about searing studying the differences between radiant vs. conductive vs. convective. Radiant is best so you don’t char, or burn, your spices. Your mileage may vary. I now use a charcoal chimney, which isn’t very convenient, but most effective for me so far.

Everyone agrees: grill marks = flavor. The brown crust that forms due to the exposure of meat to high heat produces the most flavorful bites.

"cold grate" or "no grate" in my case. Both work!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here