Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS Strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS Strikes again

Like many here I suffer from MCS (More Cooker Syndrome). It has been almost two years since I was afflicted with MCS. Unfortunately/fortunately, I had a relapse. My gas grill was catastrophically damaged during some straight line winds we had in Hays and I haven’t had a gas grill for two years. While there are times I’ve missed it, I haven’t felt a strong compulsion to replace it. Recently, however, there were a couple of occasions when it would have been nice and I do enjoy the convenience of a gas grill. So…I added the Napoleon RSBI 665 Prestige Pro. Today’s inaugural cook is chicken wings using the rotisserie basket.

The grill gets hot fast and I’ll report on the efficacy of the wood chip/pellet burner in the future. In the meantime looking forward to playing with a new toy and hoping that I will appreciate the convenience of gas despite really liking the flavor of charcoal.

Sweaty Paul
    Attached Files

Sweet. Nice addition to the cooker stable for sure. Congratulations. 👍

Comment

Very nice. Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations on the new cooker.

Comment

Whoa! Space: The Final Frontier. These are they voyages of the starship NAPOLEON. That baby is the shiz! Go boldly!

Comment

Nice ride, Amigo!

Comment

Congratulations on your new addition to your Cooker Family!

Comment

Been looking at that one too, will watch for your opinion how it cooks.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                  Sweaty Paul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did wings in the rotisserie tonight. Did a quick version of J. Kenji Lopez-Alts “Oven Fried Wings.” Usually I like to let them brine in the baking powder/corn starch/kosher salt brine overnight (one teaspoon each of kosher salt/baking powder/corn starch). I didn’t plan far enough ahead so they only had three hours of brining then onto the grill. My wife and I both agreed these were the crispiest skins we’ve done (I smell a blind taste test though) likely due moisture dripping down. More to come

Looks great !

Comment

My local Ace has had the deluxe Napolean grills on their floor for great prices. My have eyes glossed over as the salesman have tried to talk me into into them. My wife is always with me and reminds me "You can't cook on a gas grill. A griddle, 'yes'. Gas grill? You tried four times and sold it to your buddy" He makes fantastic food on it. Something is wrong with me. Congrats!

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup, somethin is wrong with you. But, you will learn with the Napoleon! Yessir. I speaks wiff experience.

That's a great lookin' cooker.
                  Last edited by RonB; March 16, 2023, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Draznnl
                    Draznnl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nothing weird about Thant, Panhead John . Probably a descendant of U Thant who was United Nations Secretary General from 1961-1971.

Yes, nerdiness is my life.

• RonB
                    RonB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Panhead John :

• Clark
                    Clark commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @Draznni Can you imagine when he would come home from work and his wife would say
                    "Is that U Thant?"

She's a beaut, Clark! Very nice, congrats!

I've said for years and still feel that if I were to get a gasser it'd be either a Saber or a Napoleon, and if they were all sold out a Blaze. Just gorgeous, quality appliances.

Comment

Doubt it’ll be my “go to” when I want to do something really fun as I love my PK and Yoder. That said I anticipate it’ll get used quite a bit on weeknights when I don’t want to deal with pellet and charcoal cleanup.

Comment

• Panhead John
                      Panhead John commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I had a cheap Makers Mark gas grill many years ago, and you’re right, they’re great for quick weeknight meals. I could turn out a pretty good steak or chop on it. Yours is beautiful Paul! Was that an IR burner behind the wings?

• Sweaty Paul
                      Sweaty Paul commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Panhead John it was an IR burner with gas flame. It worked well. I also had the two end burners on to maintain a temp of 350-400 (according to the grill. I need to test the thermometer there). Things to do!

Congratulations. Now go get some hurricane tie down straps in case Hays experiences another high wind event, which I’m sure it will.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                      Sweaty Paul commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Absolutely. This one is an even more protected space. The one thing Hays has is wind!

Congrats on the new cooker!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here