Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Napoleon rusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napoleon rusting

I've had my Triumph for two years now and I typically try to keep it clean from time to time. I took it apart yesterday and saw this corrosion inside the box. Does anyone know the purpose of this box that is at the back side next to the burners? I sent off a claim, as the unit is still under warranty. Hopefully, I get a good response back from them.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220918_131315.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	1296315

IDK, but here’s a parts list!

Buy exact-fit Napoleon grill parts at GrillSpot, the gas grill parts store. Enjoy our money-back guarantee, 1-year warranty & free shipping offer.

Comment

looks like a channel for ignition between burners.

my Napoleon crumb tray rusted out and it’s been on backorder for a year, not happy with that….

Comment

Glad you posted. I've been eyeing a Napolean at my local ACE Hardware.

Comment

Might be worth a call to Napoleon.

Comment

Overall, I have really liked how this grill works. It gets hot fast and maintains heat pretty good. I'm just disappointed in the amount of corrosion that's going on in only 2 years. For most of the time, it's kept out of heavy rain and bad weather too.

I received an email earlier from then saying they have received all the info needed and would be getting back to me on this.

We will see....

Comment

Well, apparently that part is considered to be "All other parts" with their warranty and are only covered for 2 years. I'm at 4 weeks past that expiration date, ugh..

They are willing to extend the coverage for me and provide me with the part, at no cost. I would just have to fork up $20 for shipping. Now, their parts website has that part at $16 and their shipping charges are just at $10. So, I'm not sure what all I'm getting for their $20 shipping.

I'm now in a toss up, go ahead and order it and keep a better eye on it when it gets close to its 2 year warranty life, or just not get one at all. So far, the grill seems to be working fine and I haven't noticed any difference in it.

Comment

Sorry to hear it is out of warranty. However, if it is just rusty, and is functionally intact, not really an issue. Even if it is stainless, seems folks use lower grade stainless these days that will rust and discolor from the heat exposed to inside a gas grill.

Did you figure out what it is? Is it part of the bottom grease collector tray (almost looks attached to that), or is it a crossover ignition shield of some sort?

Comment

Wait, I've been looking at the Napoleon Rogue. I thought they had lifetime warranties, but maybe that's just certain models?

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ve got the Rogue. Absolutely no problems, had it 5 years now.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here