Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CharBroil Gas smoker mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CharBroil Gas smoker mods

I w not happy with the bottom plate in this smoker. Its supposed to hold water and chips for smoke. Well it dosen't do either very well at all. Plus being handicapped and in a power wheelchair, its very hard to reach down and use it. So I took it out and bought a Smoke Daddy. Smoke Daddy's pictures of an installation on a gas smoker like mine shows it mounted down low. Well since I can't get down low to light it, I enlarged the hole where the thermometer was located and put the smoke daddy in there.

So hows it work mounted up high? It fills the cabinet up with lots of smoke and one filling lasts about two hours.
    Here's a picture of it mounted. Now I can get to it, to light it or refill if necessary.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoker mods.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	223966

I am lovin' the ingenuity!

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Keep on knockin' it outta the ballpark, and please keep us advised how it works.

Comment

There's another post just after this one with the results of my 1st chicken smoke.

Comment

LOL Done seen it, been there, thanks!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here