Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tricked the fiancé due to MCS...for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricked the fiancé due to MCS...for now

I've been browsin letitgo app and I came across a grill. 6 burner char broil classic. Since I'm a delivery driver to atlantic city everyday it was only 10 mins off my route...hmmmm should I or shouldn't. The price was awesome ad said it needed knobs and grates. Hmmm I need to see this thing. I do have a big truck with a lift gate. Hmmmm. Wait the fiancé will kill me. I can hear her now. You already have 3 gas grill and 3 smokers including "the beast" what do you need another for? So the angel and the devil was fighting on my shoulders all morning long. It wouldn't hurt to go see it would it??
    I contact the guy and arrange to meet. No that wouldn't hurt. Would it?
    i get to the house and look at it. Yep no knobs or grill and a cut gas hose. Wait...I've got extra grills (cause I bought some grill grates) that won't hurt will it?
    wait ive got some extra knobs laying around. That won't hurt...will it?
    wait I was going thru the garage 2 days ago and found a gas hose that I purchased awhile ago that I forgot I had. That won't hurt will it?
    so I loaded it up.
    uh oh. What did I just do. It's Friday and the fiancé works at home and her office is facing the garage and driveway. Shirley (hehe) she'll see me pull in with this thing and jump all over me. What am I gonna do? Well to late. I bought it. I'll take my lumps like a man when I get home. It'll only hurt for a few days. Or will it?
    on my way home she sends me a text. She says she running around doing a few things
    whew!!! I might make just maybe. I hope.
    I get home and just by luck she's not there. I need to hurry if I'm going to hide my MCS.
    I drop the tailgate untie this thing all while the dog is staring at me. I know he's thinking oh no john not again. Why did I use to get in trouble when I use to potty in the house and you don't cause of your MCS? I'm telling mama
    i unload it. No where am I gonna hide it? Backside of the garage where the other lawn furniture is stored. Yeah that's a good place. It's hidden in the open she won't notice it.
    So now I'm in the clear. Or am I ???
    i start to work again on one of my gas cookers in the back changing out the burners (couldn't get the nuts off so I had to grind em off)
    then she pulls up at the garage. I come around and greet her. Hi honey how was you day? She starts talkin to me heading toward the back to see what I was doing. All the time the dog is like hey momma come and look at this
    get away dog or else...
    the dog walks up to the cooker and smells the wheels of it. Oh no...she's standing right next to it
    she says to me oh, I thought you got it
    huh? What? What are you talkin about honey?
    got what? She starts to point next to the cooker and says"that wasp nest in that tarp that is covering the extra patio furniture. You know that's where the wasps got me last weekend(she got stung twice, one on each forearm)
    ohhh..that's where they are at poopsiee. Now that I know where they are I'll get em in the morning. Now come back over this way and let me show you my shinney new burners. She called the dog and started to walk away back to the house mumbling something bout she doesn't wanna see shinney things. The dog looks at me like he's saying you got lucky john, I'll get you later. So it looks like I won't be spending the weekend at the hospital instead I can do some smoking and cooking. I hope there is a cure for my MCS.
    Last edited by Nuke em; September 2, 2016, 05:31 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	216846 Betcha can't guess what I paid for it

Comment

I'll guess $79.

Comment

Since you're leaving it wide open, $200.

Comment

Way way to high

Comment

Put it this way I had to leave and go to a corner store and buy a soda pop to break a 20

Comment

Ok $15.

Comment

Nope, a whole 10dollars. Can you believe it. I couldn't. In the letitgo pic it had 20 on it but said 10(plus the cost of soda pop) so a total of 11.25. Checked the burners they were all good. Need new flavor bars but hey more mcs

Comment

Wow! Can't beat that. You deserve an award! Oh wait...

Name:	image_1770.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	216867

Comment

How bout a name of a good hospital so when she does discover it.

Comment

Nuke em this is one of the best posts I've read so far in my short time here in the pit. I totally see where you're coming from. I myself am trying to find a way to get another cooker without my wife going nuclear. But I'm sure I won't find a deal like that. Good luck with your new grill.

Lets keep the smoke coming.

Comment

MCS... There is no, zero, zilch known cure at this time.😡

Comment

There may be. Just buy something else. I just bought another mavrick et733 with 2 6ft probes. And I'm feeling pretty good right now.

But what about tomorrow?????

I guess you're right.

Comment

• Breadhead
                            Breadhead commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Gadgets and items under $100 is just a short term fix...😎 Like a junkie taking on last hit.🙈

this pretty well sums it up

Name:	one smoker.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	216905

Comment

After awhile, when the MCS really sets in, all the yellin & beatin in the world just won't matter. You'll just sit there & tune it right out, as you will be planning your next fix. It just won't matter, you will be in a daze, lookin for the next " one". 😲🤕😏😎

Comment

• Breadhead
                              Breadhead commented
                              Editing a comment
                              True Dat!!! There's no hope.😆

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here