Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Get to Test Drive A Broil King Baron!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Get to Test Drive A Broil King Baron!

So we are on vacation this week, and the house is equipped with a BK Baron 4 burner. How cool is that? Right now I am testing it out with Choice angus sirloins. More to follow.

Eight small angus choice sirloin steaks. Fired up the Baron and got it warmed up. Shut down the two left burners for the indirect cook. I got the steaks up to 115, and pulled them off whilst I hit high on all 4 burners to get to warp10. No beef love, so I brushed with some bacon grease. The Baron definitely does a good sear! See the pics. Not too bad for a first try on a different grill.

IMHO the BK Baron is a pretty solid grill. I pushed it around the deck and the cart is very stable. No wobble at all. It's a very nice looking grill I would have on my deck. The cook box is pretty tall. You could easily roast a few chickens vertically. The grates are heavy cast iron, and reversible.
    I easily reached sear temps with all four burners on high. I got a nice crust on my steaks. The Baron I am using comes
    with a side burner, which I haven't used yet. I have no complaints so far.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thunder77; July 17, 2017, 11:37 PM.

Yeah babay!! Fire it up! (Insert ac/dc voice here) THNNNDERRRR STRUCKKK!!

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      You're a mad man HouseHomey. Love it
      BTW great job with your podcast. Greg asked me if I could be available tonight but unfortunately I was tied up. So hopefully he can give me another shot.

Listen to that song again. Doesn't Brian sound like a chipmunk???

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B bwahaha yup!

Don't forget to kick the tires.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Okaaaaaay. Ya own it or just borrowin it. Let see please.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Borrowing. (Vacation house)

Nice perk!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here