Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone a proud Broil King Imperial or Regal owner here? Looking to buy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone a proud Broil King Imperial or Regal owner here? Looking to buy...

Well, the time has finally come... I have to retire my trusty Ducane 4-burner after about 12 years of service. Even with a cover (gone through two now), the insides are rusting out to the point of no return. I've welded patches around the box and made new flavorizer bar holders, but the wife is shaking her head every time she uses it now. Which, of course, is part of the plan... the more years of use I squeeze out of it, the more I can spend on a new one without her freaking out! She's finally simmered long enough.

So I thought it'd be an easy decision to go with a Weber Genesis in the under-$1200 range. Looks like I waited too long, and now the Genesis II line is out. Looking at the reviews so far on the II LX, I'm not impressed. This has opened my eyes to other makes, and I'm now contemplating a Broil King. Specifically I'm looking at the Broil King Imperial 590 on the high end (since they no longer make an Imperial 490), or the Regal S590 Pro on the lower end.

I'm wondering how people feel about their Broil Kings at this level. I absolutely love the fact they're made in North America, like the higher-end Webers. I also am intrigued about the cast-stainless grates on the Imperial model, though I just don't know if the features I'm seeing on that are worth the very large price jump from the Regal models.

The biggest issue for me with any brand is searing capability. I've recently purchased an Anova immersion heater and I'm starting to test the waters of sous vide cooking. The searing power of any grill I purchase will be a deciding factor, along with overall build quality. But for my wife, even temps and lower likelihood of flare-ups is a key factor; she's mostly on the gasser, where I'm on my Weber kettle and PBC most cooks. But with sous vide, sometimes you just don't want to go through the hassle of firing up a chimney of coals just for searing two steaks for 90 seconds each!

So, Broil King fans... thoughts?

Searing a Sous Vide steak can be done many different ways...
    • Cast Iron, indoors or outdoors
    • A gasser
    • A charcoal starter (my prefered method)
    • Slow N Sear
    • An Infrared cooker
    • My BGE
    • GrillGrates
    Take your pick... getting a good crust on a SV'ed steak makes it exquisite. 🤔
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a Broil King Monarch 30 bought in 2005.

I can say that the customer service is top notch.

I replaced the flavorizer bars and the infinity burner 2 years ago.
      Last week, I called for the rotary ignitor that died on me and since it has been discontinued, they have an electronic replacement that fits exactly.

I tought of replacing for a Regal 40 Pro as well but since the Monarch is still working, I will keep it.

I can only vouch that OMC has great customer service and that the Broil King line lasts.

Nicolas

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here