Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All weather attractive 20lb propane tank cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All weather attractive 20lb propane tank cover?

Storing my WSM bullet is no problem. I keep it covered in the garage when I'm not using it. The two 20lb propane tanks for my new Genesis ii-315 are another matter. I take seriously the warnings not to store propane tanks in the garage or on a wooden porch or deck. I've got a level spot on our concrete driveway that's next to a handrail and 10ft from the house, which sounds like a good place. But our HOA has a strict rule about tanks not just sitting out in sight. They don't allow the flexible grill covers like the ones Weber sells in sight either. I was all excited about a couple of attractive faux-brick tank covers online, until the customer reps told me they're not intended to be left outside all winter. They say the finish won't hold up. We live on a steep slope on a mountainside, so there's no safe way to set them behind the house. I'm stumped and open to good suggestions. Thanks. BTW, low and slow on my WSM is my favorite. But for quicker cooks I'm loving this Genesis.
    Last edited by dbjbuzzy; October 15, 2019, 02:59 PM.

I was going to give a quick well thought out reply without reading the post completely and suggest a Weber Genesis,,,,but you have it covered !!!! 🤣😂👍

Comment

Question is just what the HOA would allow.Have you looked at the storage boxes made by Suncast? (Search Amazon to see some photos.)They have different sizes and some have a bench molded in the top. Throw a cushion on top and tell them it is a garden seat. I have several around our patio for storage of pumps, pool equipment and other hoses. Mine have been outside for 6-10 years and still look like new.

Comment

• dbjbuzzy
        dbjbuzzy commented
        Editing a comment
        Bingo, Donw! Best thing I've seen yet. Combination of getting the job done and not looking like a piece of crap. Thanks!

• dbjbuzzy
        dbjbuzzy commented
        Editing a comment
        Since you have had several around for a number of years, do you think the bottom is strong enough to hold 2 20 gallon propane tanks?

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I keep several 35 lb submersible pumps in one along with 2” hose. I also have 2 of their larger half storage sheds. One I use to hold about 18 pails of pellets which weight about 40 lbs apiece. The other holds pool chemical in bulk pails.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here