Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOGO Disappointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had mostly good luck with the FOGO black bag. I have bought it straight from FOGO, bought some from SNSGrills, and bought some at my local grilling store. I had 1 bag that wasn't great but the rest have been good. Jealous Devil is probably the best overall lump I have tried but it is also the most expensive. Burns hot and pretty much no sparking or popping. And the Kamado Joe Big Block XL has the biggest lumps I have seen but they are almost too big to use in my kettle. Rockwood is decent and I like B&B lump. Cowboy lump is garbage.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      I was actually going to say that Cowboy has bigger pieces and for the money I would rather use it.

• JoeSousa
      JoeSousa commented
      Editing a comment
      Dadof3Illinois I have found it to have a lot of small pieces, a lot of dust, and a lot of rocks, nails, and other stuff like that. It also sparks and pops more than others. But I have only used a couple bags of it. Maybe I just got some bad bags. There are some decent sized chunks in there though.

No issues here and I use it religiously. I buy from BBQ guys and get a black bag and biege bag cause I like the different sizes. I just ordered 2 more,I will let you know if I see a dip in quality.

Comment

I got a few bags early in the summer and the sizes have been ok, but the popping is really weird. Never had that from any other fuel before and it has been three bags of the same. I don't get why that would happen, other than perhaps bad moisture control during the burn in?

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
        Dadof3Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        I know. I understand getting a pop once in awhile but this was crazy. I wish I would have taken a video. Couldn’t leave my chimney starter alone for a second, hot embers were flying around like lighting bugs...lol.

• pknj
        pknj commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, the whole time they were in the chimney, they were popping like mad. I will try to record next time, but it did freak me out!!

• Bob K
        Bob K commented
        Editing a comment
        Completely agree. Because of my setup, this level of popping/sparking is a nonstarter. I’d rather pay a few $$ more for JD than stand there paranoid with a hose.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here