Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is B&B the new heavy weight champ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is B&B the new heavy weight champ?

Hey guys, is it just me or do others think that B&B is by far the best briquette out there?

1. It is very consistent with temps, it went 11 hours in my PBC.
    2. Very clean smoke, you can barely see it even in a chimney. Like Lump Charcoal clean.
    3. On the bag it says its the official charcoal of the SCA and I think it's the official charcoal of the IBCA.
    4. Large size briquettes so it goes for a very long time.
    5. If you leave it in a chimney it doesn't drop/sink for a very long time.

I'd be curious to see what others on this site think of B&B briquettes. I think its a really good product.

Hmmm. I haven’t tried them yet. But from what you’re saying I gotta find and try them.
    It sounds very promising.
    Thanks for the info.

Comment

Heard good things for a long time, Jerod Broussard uses it nearly exclusively if I recall correctly. I've never used it, never seen it for sale near me.

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        Speaking of Jerod Broussard , he has been going out shootin ... Has he hit anything yet?? Haven't heard much from him..

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        After them wabbits again huh?

The only charcoal I like better than B&B is Weber but since I’m running out and it’s not available locally anymore and the price to get it online is over $20 for a bag, even with free shipping, I’ll be switching back to B&B soon.

Comment

B & B was definitely an eye opener when compared to regular briquettes. Almost twice the burn time. Definitely a must if you are going to overload the PBC.

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          What is the ash amount like compared to kbb ?

Ever since Stubbs disappeared I’ve been looking for a replacement. Need low ash for my PK.

if only I could find B&B locally.

Comment

• kelton
          kelton commented
          Editing a comment
          If there is an ACE Hardware by you just go to their website and search for them. They'll order it and you can have them delivered to your house or you can pick them up for free. That's how I get them because they don't sell them here.

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I’ll have to try Ace.

• Dadof3Illinois
          Dadof3Illinois commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have an Academy Sports around you they carry a full line of B&B products.

B&B is my go-to, and much cheaper than other brands. Grilling a steak right now on B&B plus an apple wood chunk.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          What other brands? Certainly not KBB

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          When I posted my reply I had over looked the word "briquette" in the OP. My response is about B&B lump charcoal and I compared it to the price of BGE, FOGO, and locally available brands. HEB lump is slightly cheaper but I like B&B so I buy it. My HEB doesn't have B&B briquettes.

B&B all the way with me. It's all I really ever use. Of course I am down in these parts where I can get it all. Bricks, all their lump, can't get enough. Pellets are fantastic also. I LOVE their championship blend, and can't get enough of the B&B Post Oak pellets!

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Is the size suited for kettles and the SnS? I’m simply not familiar?

• lonnie mac
          lonnie mac commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure brother! I't's about the same size. I use lump more than anything these days myself. Ever since I got that dang dang pellet grill...

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Gracias!

Geeze... I’m such a Homer for KBB. I’ll pick some up if I see it. Are they KBB like briquettes? I thought it was lump. I don’t know anything though.
        Last edited by HouseHomey; October 13, 2019, 06:52 PM. Reason: Fat fingers

Comment

• kelton
          kelton commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah they're a little bigger than KBB so they provide a longer burn and when you put them in a chimney you'll see that the smoke is way less and clean.

• JCGrill
          JCGrill commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm a blue bag man too. But for no reason other than it's easy to find, I have no complaints, and I'm lazy.

Just bought a bag each of B&B lump and briquettes to try for the first time. Now available at my HEB supermarket.

Comment

I’m a big fan of B&B briqs, works great in my PBC and PK360. Their lump is good too.

Comment

B&B is all I use anymore. Great for long and slow as well as for hot & fast.

Comment

B&B is like tri tip around here. We can get the lump but not briquets.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Unfortunately, kelton no ACE here either. But thanks for the tip.

• Dadof3Illinois
                Dadof3Illinois commented
                Editing a comment
                Academy Sports has a full line of B&B products if you have one close.

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Not in Virginia Dadof3Illinois

OSH closed in Chico and was JUST replaced with an ACE superstore. While it is open, the grand opening event is next weekend. The folks in the store claim that everything will be on sale - Weber BBQ's and BGE's included. Our other ACE hardware outlets never have sales on Weber's or BGE's. I am skeptical about the sale but not the charcoal. I am definitely going to give them a try. Costco runs out of my Kingsford this time of year. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

I like their lump but have never tried their briquettes.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here