Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Early Christmas Gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Early Christmas Gift

We open all of our presents at my mom and dad's house for my side of the family and my in-law's for my wife's side of the family. Well, my boys got me a gift that takes up some much-needed cargo space in the car, so instead of bringing it to my parents' only to bring it back home, my boys gave me my gift early:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1938.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	611618

It's my go-to for low/slow and I am down to a half bag.

Nice gift. I really like those, though they are a bit expensive.

Comment

It is a gift that will keep on giving.

Comment

Raising them right!

Comment

It used to be that only the naughty people got coal for Christmas....

Comment

Congrats to you! I love the long burn and use them for all my long cooks too. In my kettles I can get 10-14 hours on 1 load in the Slow 'N Sear. When I find them for $12.99 I get a bag or 2. When I find them on sale for $9.99 I get as many as I can.
            Last edited by fuzzydaddy; December 23, 2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• JeffJ
              JeffJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep. They are awesome for low/slow.

That's always a good present.

Comment

Did you really enjoy this gift? I am choosing now a gift for my father who is a fan of barbecue. I am choosing now between two new charcoal grills for him. Also, I think that he will need some briquettes for the grill. I know him very well, he will want to cook a meat at the same moment when he will see the new grill. My mom wants to buy a gift basket for him with a beer and snack from this service https://www.jetgiftbaskets.com/. As you can understand we wants to make some surprise party. I think that a new grill and a gift beer basket will be a great idea as a gift. My advice is to love and to please your parents and loved ones as often as possible.
              Last edited by paul88; June 8, 2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• JeffJ
                JeffJ commented
                Editing a comment
                It's my favorite brand of briquettes.

Someone raised there boys well.

Comment

Originally posted by paul88 View Post
                Did you really enjoy this gift? I am choosing now a gift for my father who is a fan of barbecue. I am choosing now between two new charcoal grills for him.
                I am in the same situation. It is so difficult to choose a gift. I am choosing a gift for my dad now. I think that my dad deserves his day and a great gift! I enjoy gathering with family, but the coronavirus crisis has made this year different. I thought about backyard barbeque with all our family and friends. I have already ordered the equipment for party, like furniture, light and sound equipment for music. Also I bought different decor elements for our backyard. I bought balloons, posters and lantern. All this small stuff I bought from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Hurrican...dp/B00NPLSZF8/ And now I am searching for a perfect gift which is more complicated than I thought.
                Last edited by Vaughanhle; August 4, 2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I like the cut of your boy's jib. That is a nice gift. Those briquettes are the holy grail around here even in non Covid times.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here