Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese charcoal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese charcoal

Need help learning to start japanese charcoal for yakatori grill

Hey Dennis, Honestly I have no experiance had to google this to find out. That said I want to welcome you to the pit. I'd love to see some pics of the yakatori!

Comment

Not cooking yet just got inspired by Mind of a Chef and found that this type of charcoal is best. Expensive and has a special lighting technique I found next to nothing on web but I will keep looking I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping to get some answers I do a lot of cooking and love it. My wife is a doc and doesn't have time to cook nor does she like to. I love it so all is good. I want to get as profecient at bbq as I feel with kitchen stuff....long way to go but will be exciting!!

Comment

Did you see this one?

Binchotan is the king of charcoal. Unlike regular hardwood charcoal Binchotan will burn for 3 – 5 hours, it can be extinguished and re-ignited 2 – 3 times and burns…

You came to the right place for the BBQ stuff. The folks in here got chops out on the patio and in the kitchen as well. I cant tell you all I've learned from everyone. Better yet is the friends I've made here for sure. Glad you have joined us.

Comment

Welcome Denniscdt! Thank you for your support. I've never used Japanese charcoal myself, hopefully we get some discussion going on it and more us will be aware of it's potential benefits if any.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here