Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENDED, Closing thread: Kingsford charcoal Labor Day sale is on, Home Depot & Lowe's, 50% off!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yessir, $9.88 for twin 20s. Check www.homedepot.com > kingsford for your areas...

Comment

Bingo! In the local HD ad on the website - starting today - twin 20s for $9.88 with a limit of 10. Only until 9/1 or until supplies run out. What perfect timing as my Performer Silver will be delivered tomorrow. I'm headed to HD shortly.

How big a trash can do I need for 200 lbs of charcoal?
      Last edited by The Burn; August 28, 2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        Good call!

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        It's actually 400 lbs if you buy the limit

• The Burn
        The Burn commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I realized that after posting. In the end I bought 6 twin packs or 240 lbs & a 45 gallon trash bin. 7 bags/140 lbs fit, so I've got 5 bags hanging out in the garage. Wish I had more room to store them as charcoal has a virtually indefinite shelf life if kept dry, and you can't go wrong with half price.

I still have all my 10 blue bag Kingsford from Memorial day. I'm always reaching out for competition kingsford.

Comment

Both Home Depot and Lowe's have it advertised here for the same price, $9.88.

Comment

Yes and you can get 10 from HD 2 at Lowes.
          Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 28, 2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I just bought the 10 bundles (20 total) and came back in and got another 4. 28 bags total, 560lbs.
            I had 4 bags left from the Mem. Day sale when I bought 7 twin bundles. Now I have 30 bags (600lbs) to last through the winter until next Mem Day.

EDIT 32 bags, math wasn't my major
            Last edited by Huskee; August 28, 2014, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I just did inventory, I'm at 320lbs now. (I hit the 7/4 sale) I need 8 more 2 packs. Thats said I may as well go 10.

There's 128 left in my local store right now so I grab it in the am.

Comment

My current stash

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG5282.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	13559

Attached Files

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If the 80's call looking for this don't tell em I got it K?

• The Burn
                  The Burn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So the tarp keeps them dry enough or is also covered otherwise? I can't imagine being able to keep them dry outside through some of the Pennsylvania seasons.

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For the most part, plus they have 75% of the bundle covered in plastic. I have it tucked pretty good for watershed.

There was a time I'd think that much charcoal in a backyard looked like the work of a crazy person. Now it just seems normal. Did I cross a line and not realize it?

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes and it was the right line : )

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1340.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	13640
                Add this to me current supply and I should be good to go.

Comment

The sale hit HD here in Flagstaff yesterday. I stopped by in the morning to pick up my limit and they were already down to one bag, not even one bundle.

Said 'f' it, and bought a bunch of Royal Oak lump (U.S.-made). Oh, well.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That stinks, must be a popular sale in your area. There were only maybe 20 bundles left after I loaded up my 14. And this was the first day of the sale...

Roger that... just grabbed another 200 lbs That gets a PBC cook down to $2

Comment

bought 15 bales last sale on Memorial Day

Comment

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing today, local HD has 56 left. I think I still have 6 bags of Royal Oak lump, and 140lb of Kingsford Blue Bag in my inventory, but there is no such thing as too much charcoal!

Comment

The old PowerStroke is starting to feel it, I just keep adding another 80 lbs every time I go near Lowes. I'm in a no man's land between HDs, but Lowes is conveniently close. I still haven't figured out where it's all going to go

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here