Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franklin's Briquettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franklin's Briquettes

Been seeing bags of these in my HEB grocery store but have never tried them. Seems the Franklin merc department is giving his barbecue a run for the money in sales !! Anyway, I have completely run out of Kingsford and grabbed a bag to smoke some meat with this weekend and was suitably impressed. Burned real nice in my SNS, not quite as hot as Kingsford but had a real nice smoky flavor. Apparently it's made from post oak and pressed with starch as a binder versus gypsum that Kingsford uses. Less initial burn smoke. Kind of reminded me of Weber briquettes.

Anyway, thought I'd share, I don't see them around much. Was expensive though, 12 pound bag was $11.31, not much of a bargain when Kingsford sells for half that (or less on sale).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Franklin Briquettes.jpeg
Views:	416
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	1161069

Is someone like B & B manufacturing them??

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably. You won't find it on the packaging.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      CandySueQ I briefly considered getting a pellet from them, "JB's Charco"

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, exactly. +1
      Selling his brand. Money is money. My opinion.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here