Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max's Black Swan Gourmet BBQ Sauce demo this Saturday in WIlmette, Illinois!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max's Black Swan Gourmet BBQ Sauce demo this Saturday in WIlmette, Illinois!

ATTENTION! Black Swan is demoing our gourmet BBQ Sauces at the best BBQ Store in the world, Backyard BBQ, 535 Green Bay Road, Wilmette, IL this coming Saturday, July 17th starting at 11:30am. Click here for details: https://lnkd.in/g7xKVgH Come taste the flavors you've been hearing about: Sweet Cognac, Savory Original and Beso del Fuego and meet Max Good!
    Attached Files

OMG! An actual outting! And a chance to meet the tastefully named Max Good…

70% chance I’ll be there.

Comment

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you been to Backyard BBQ? It's a great place. I think my son, Whalen may come too. Hope to see you there!

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Not been there as it’s north suburb, but have been thinking about a visit for charcoal after hearing their radio ads. But throw in some Black Swan and I’m on it. Love the sauce.

Also wife said she’s down for the visit, which will keep the MCS in check.
      Last edited by Potkettleblack; July 13, 2021, 06:56 PM.

I am not too awfully far away I guess but I am afraid to go to that bbq store! I know it would cost me a LOT. Hmmm. Maybe….,,

Comment

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      You only live once. Be sure to grab me and say hello!

This is a definite maybe. But if I get out of there only buying some barbecue sauce, it'll be a miracle.

Comment

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd love to meet you!

I grew up in Evanston, but I don't think I'll be making the drive from Snoqualmie.

Comment

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to look that place up. WOW, looks beautiful! I should come visit you!

• bardsleyque
      bardsleyque commented
      Editing a comment
      any time you're near Seattle!! Just 27 miles east

Max Good lets us know when you come up Oregon way.

Comment

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure will!

Was good meeting you and your son, and nice to find a good BBQ store.

Wee bit high pressure on the sales of very upscale cookers, but a nice wide selection of rubs, sauces and interesting things, and premium charcoals. I finally saw the all charcoal pellets in the wild (didn't buy, don't use the Grilla for higher temp stuff, so don't see the point, other than as a mix in), saw Jealous Devil pellets in the wild (didn't know there was such a thing) and picked up some B&B lump for the OJB. Also got some sugar maple and mesquite chunks for the OJB, and am making the wife a Black Swan convert, which is impressive, since she's a die hard Sweet Baby Ray user. She actually mixed some Beso del Fuego into her SBR for the baby backs I did on Sunday. Got some steak sauce, some char crust, a bottle of OG Black Swan and a Beso del Fuego... and a can of Meat Church Honey Nut (or whatever they call it).

Your kid is a hell of a salesman... if you are proud of him, it is well deserved. Again, great meeting up with one of the mods/authors of the site.

Comment

Now, Who???

J.K Max!

Comment

Potkettleblack Great to meet your wife and you. Thanks for coming. Also great to hear your wife is converting to our Black Swan Gourmet BBQ Sauce. And yes, I am very proud of my son, Whalen. Here we are at the Windy City Smokeout. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210709_143916.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1063643

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent pic, Max!

Sellin' da Sauce...
      Attached Files

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        He sells the sauce, and you chat the folks while he's prepping their sample... smooth operators.

Unrelated: when i popped into town last month, we ended up at Meier’s Tavern for bloody Mary’s and tater tots!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here