Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Residential Electric Smoker Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it HAVE to be electric? This Masterbuilt MPS 340/G Propane smoker might meet your needs.
    Smokes up to 350 degrees. Seems to have plenty of space. Has a Platinum rating, and is under $500.

Comment

• Towering Inferno
      Towering Inferno commented
      Editing a comment
      Well no, it doesn't need to be electric. I will seriously look at the propane version. This could be taken anywhere too. I like the idea!

• Towering Inferno
      Editing a comment
      I think this will fit the bill for what I need. I can get it for less than $400.00 and put a good size tank on it.

I am grateful for all the suggestions and opinions for a residential smoker idea. I pulled the trigger on the MB propane smoker. Kind of like the fire with the thermal controller. Will use almost any kind of wood type fuel to a point, small footprint, easy to use and clean. We will see. I already have a good home for my existing MB 30" digital smoker. The new toy is suppose to be here tomorrow. I will let ya'll know how it goes. Freezer full of fun waiting to be smoked. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Towering Inferno; October 1, 2020, 02:17 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Great choice! Let us know how it works out for you.

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to seeing the results

Gaahhhh! LOL, got it before lunch. Started the unpacking and assembly. This thing is tall! And a bit heavy. Bigger than I thought so I have to rethink the toy arrangement on my deck. But first, work, lunch, drool, work, golf, assembly. :-)

Comment

Progress
      Attached Files

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the wheels go on the floor...! ;-)

• Towering Inferno
        Editing a comment
        Freaking hilarious! I thought it looked a little off.

Going through the first burn in. Will take an hour. Just a couple hinky things but went together well.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Towering Inferno
        Editing a comment
        I think I will do some pork belly burnt ends for the maiden voyage. Probably tomorrow. If this works as I think it will I may just have a Traeger having to move out. :-)

Congrats!

Comment

This is 3 pounds of dry marinated pork belly cubed and ready for the inaugural run on the MB propane smoker. This will be cooked at 245 for a couple hours then put in a pan with another liquid mix of BBQ sauce, honey, stock, butter, all the main food groups. Cover and cook some more until all the magic happens. It will be a first for me. Never made burnt ends of any kind before. Now for some Mystery Science Theater marathon!
        Attached Files

Comment

Great color coming off. Into the steam bath they go for 1 1/2 hours. Fingers crossed 🤞
          Attached Files

Comment

One and a half hours in, took off to stir it all up, we're are putting it back in for one more half hour
            Attached Files

Comment

Finished. Unctuous. What I would do different is less rub, brighter flavored bath. Nit picking. Sure tastes great and melts in the mouth.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yummy. One of my favorites. Nice work pitmaster. And congrat on a successful first cook on your new smoker.

Thank you Jfrosty27. The toy kept perfect Temps and never varied unless I touched the fire thingy knob. Loving it so far. 🙂

Comment

Looks like they came out great!
                Glad to see you're liking the new cooker

Comment

I cooked a few more things on this smoker. I have to say, it is almost set it and forget it. Working flawlessly, keeps temp dead on and hardly ever moves from set temp. This is almost making me have buyers regret for getting the MB 560 but it too is working just fine and I like that it gets to 700 degrees in a sprint. For this reason, I will be selling my Traeger. Anyone interested that is local to Salem Oregon?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here