Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judging/Cooking in Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judging/Cooking in Heat

It's hot down here this summer!

I cooked a contest in Fort Smith July 11th. It was so hot that I believe my focus was off. Got spanked pretty good!

Decided last week I'd go judge in Dyersburg, TN on Saturday. It was close to the century mark for the cooks. Judges were inside in air conditioning. Over-done, under-seasoned food seemed to be the norm. I think it has to be the heat.

It has been close to 100 here and 100% humidity (I guess you know that!) I can't imagine having to stand out there feeding a stick burner all day. I used to work out in the GA sun all summer, but I have long since converted to a desk in an air conditioned office lifestyle.

Congrats on the show by the way, just saw it last night.

Comment

Show? Link us!

Comment

• Papa Bob
        Papa Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        what show are you all talking about

David Parrish Not sure when it aired, I don't technically have TV Her bio for the show is here.

Comment

Cool! I have this recorded but haven't gotten around to watching it.

Comment

It's show 2 which opened 7/21 -- it'll be repeated lots of times! Show 3 is tomorrow.

Comment

Candy you sure sound like a smart woman. Too hot to cook? Judge!

Comment

The heat index was 113 while visiting the family in Abbeville, Louisiana.

Needless to say, I DID NOT cook anything. But I did eat grilled deer wrapped in bacon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here