Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Florida BBQ Association folks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Florida BBQ Association folks?

I joined FBA a few months ago and got certified to judge soon thereafter. I've only got two competitions under my belt, and can't wait for more. Is anyone here a member, or even just familiar with the FBA circuit?

Yes, I was a member for a year. Did a competition at Eagle Lake in 2014. Signed up to do the judging class but realized my lack of a sense of smell (and a somewhat limited sense of taste) wouldn't be fair to competitors. There was a spate of politics going on in the FBA a while back, the president resigned over the BS. I do like the FBA competition rules, no garnish in the turn in box

Comment

I'm guessing no. Just SAYIN

Comment

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        You guessed wrong...lol

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        You WERE a member for a year. I assume your not now. Did I miss qoute you?

FLBuckeye ,

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        I let me membership lapse due to us buying a house and having a major remodel project and HUGE contractor problems. Will be joining again when the house gets completed, hopefully soon. The light at the end of the tunnel no longer seems to be an oncoming train...lol. You didn't misquote me

Like I said. I'm guessing NO. Politics and life has kept folks away.

Comment

lol, I guess I'm finally a trendsetter. I've heard of some politics going on, but that will always be in every organization. It seems to be a well organized and well run operation so far. I've met a ton of great people that are passionate about BBQ and eager to help a rookie learn the ropes.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here