Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagle Lake BBQ Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle Lake BBQ Festival

I am competing this coming weekend in the Eagle Lake BBQ Festival in Eagle Lake FL, which is near Bartow FL, in the middle of the state. This will be my first solo endeavor, as I had my brother and his wife helping (a LOT) at the Plant City Pig Jam in November. This is a Florida BBQ Association event and the rules are a bit different than the KCBS. No garnish allowed, different turn in times (chicken at 11, ribs at 12, pork at 1 and brisket at 2), and eight identifiable pieces of meat (as opposed to six for the KCBS) seems to be the major differences.
    Bought my Angus brisket a couple of weeks ago at RD and will be buying the rest on Wednesday.
    My platforms will be my 18.5" WSM and my 22" Weber kettle. Maverick ET 732 and 733. I plan to do the brisket and pork on the WSM and the ribs on the kettle. The chicken will go on the WSM while the pork and brisket are resting
    Looking forward to a good time with the wife. Will have plenty of pics to share

Good luck in the competition. I've never competed before but that would be great fun. Take lots of beer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here