Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Nightstalker Association Fall Picnic Smoke Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Nightstalker Association Fall Picnic Smoke Off

So this is my second year competing (and I use that term loosely) in the Nightstalker Association's Fall Picnic Smoke off. The idea behind it is to gather competitors from the 160th SOAR soldiers and contractors here at Ft. Campbell and smoke 50 butts that will feed the units soldiers and families that day at the picnic. This year my partner and site lead here at Ft. Campbell was out of town and I had to do it all by my lonesome. We picked our butts up from the NSA at 4 pm on Wednesday, and meat could go on the pits at 2 AM Thursday morning. That meant prepping the meat, packing, and getting everything back to the site to set up so I could start cooking around my target time of 3 AM. Meat didn't actually go on until about 3:40, but with a turn in time of between 3 and 3:30 PM, I wasn't worried. Along with the butt, I did country style ribs, a rack of st. louis ribs, beef rib finger skewers, and sausages to feed the guys from the unit that stopped by during the day. Also had sides of home-made bbq baked beans and coleslaw. Took a few pictures with a FLIRone camera that attaches to a phone. Didn't win anything, but I was really out there to have a good time a support the NSA. Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 NSA Fall Picnic Cook.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	585473Click image for larger version

Name:	flir_20181018T074314.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	585474Click image for larger version

Name:	flir_20181018T074218.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	585475Click image for larger version

Name:	20181018_041025.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	585476Click image for larger version

Name:	flir_20181018T074716.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	585477Click image for larger version

Name:	flir_20181018T100904.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	585478

Okay, first great job feeding the families from the base, but secondly way cool pics Mr. JonnyB. Everyone needs a FLiR for long cooks.

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Very Noble Cause, Brother!

I love how yer gittin th Thin Purple Smoke in pic #3, Orange heat plumes in #5!!!

Comment

FLIR is the fireman's best friend! I hear other trades have found it to be equally useful .......

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, we use it in breaker panels, switch gear, MDP's, main transformers, etc., to locate loose connections, failing components, etc., before they become a critical thing, an require yer lads, an th power co. to respond!

• Fire Art
            Fire Art commented
            Editing a comment
            Use it to find heat tubes in the slab

I totally disagree with the first part of your last your last sentence.
          You win respect Sir.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here