Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New logo for the 2015 Competition season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New logo for the 2015 Competition season

I hired a couple of artists to help me come up with some conceptual ideas then design the final logo. I had six mockups with completely different looks, so I put it up to a vote from everyone I know and this is the one that won, hands down. Now that I'm writing this I realize I should have posted them all here to have everyone tell what they liked and didn't like, maybe next time. Ha.

SOW-3 with team.png

That is neat....

If I hit the road with my Pit Barrel I only have a name.....Hooked on Q......but I'm not sure if that is for the meat on the hooks, or me....or maybe both.

Comment

Looks good, interesting how styles relate to its purpose, that wouldn't fly for a lot of companies/activities but it is spot on for BBQ. My meat has a bit more bark, just saying.

Comment

• tomtel84
        tomtel84 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha...true. I sent a lot of pix of the meat, but it was very challenging trying to get artists to understand what I think are simple concepts. At some point I had to pick my battles.

Looks good! Is that from the guy that did Harry Soo's logo?

Side note, I wonder why cannibalistic hogs are so popular in BBQ artwork?

Comment

• HC in SC
        HC in SC commented
        Editing a comment
        Was just about to make the same comment! LOL

• tomtel84
        tomtel84 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I struggled with that, always have I guess, but that is what people want.

Very Nice!!

Comment

Great Logo. Really. I like it.

Comment

Love the logo! Just where is "out west"? Are you even in So. Calif?

Comment

• tomtel84
            tomtel84 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am in So. Cal, Santa Clarita area to be specific. We share time between CA and CO with a few weeks each year in AZ, so I've got a lot of the west covered, I think.

Great - maybe I'll see you at a competition sometime! (since I'm a judge... it will after all the turn-ins!)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here