Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your ideal competition setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your ideal competition setup

Alright everyone, I know there are many varying opinions and preferences, but if budget were not a factor, what would be your ideal competition setup? Porch trailer with prep kitchen?

I know the trend in competition smoker equipment has evolved beyond offset stick-burner or nothin'... Last KCBS comp I did a few years ago I started to see a lot of drum style (in particular Gateway Drum) smokers and even some pellet setups.
    I'm interested in putting together a competition rig and my head is all over the place on which style smoker(s) to consider.

If any of you have any pics of your setup that you really like, please feel free to share also.

Thanks all!

My ideal Competition Setup is avoidance. I don't want to catch that on my budget. 😁
    From watching videos each competitor has personalized their setup.
    I look forward to other comments.
    Happy Grilling to you and PBR too

Comment

I'd contact Johnson Custom Smokers in Ennis, TX and Pitts & Spitts in Houston, TX. The former would be wood burning only, the latter pellet and/or wood burning.

Comment

There's a reason so many people use em, but a Jambo wins....I mean from Clark to Smokey D's to Tuffy to Rio Valley Meats, they're all using em. I know a lot of people like the Outlaw offset also. Rio Valley also uses a Humphrey's insulated cabinet. Mine, I would probably have a nice offset with an insulated box and then something else for the chicken, maybe a drum for that.

Comment

A folding chair with a cup holder to sit and watch other people...

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Be a judge and eat for free,

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here