Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Competed in our 1st BBQ Competition in Several Years Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competed in our 1st BBQ Competition in Several Years Yesterday

OMG my husband and I had a blast and it felt good to get back into cooking again. I forgot just how much work goes into it, lol. I was nervous as heck, my husband was not nervous at all

So our results are:
    Open/Chefs choice- 1st (payout & trophy)
    Chicken- 2nd (payout & trophy)
    Ribs- 5th
    Chili- 5th
    Beans- 8th
    No briskets were cooked in this competition
    Not bad for reborn beginners
    Thank you for all y'alls support

Congrats! First and second in two categories!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Those calls probably made all the nervousness worth it?

Comment

That's a great first day back at an old hobby!

Comment

Way to go!!!!

Comment

You are off to a nice restart.

What was your chef's choice?

Comment

Outstanding. Nice way to jump back in and get your feet wet again and get a payout to boot.

Comment

Congratulations, Grest results after a few years off.

Comment

Ah, the thrill of victory is a wonderful feeling! Congrats! Can't wait for our 1st one on May7-8, Minnesota in May. Good luck on the rest of your year!

Comment

Glad you enjoyed your selves.
                      A few pics would be nice to see.
                      "Open/Chefs choice- 1st"--What was it?

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

A big congrats to ya. It would be really cool if some details was provided, like pics fer starters

Comment

Sorry I didn't take pictures, my brain was rattled by this point, lol.
                            But my open was a grilled cake with fruit salsa and tequila cool whip.
                            Homemade pound cake slices abt 3/4 in thick buttered & grilled on the weber over apple and cherry wood.
                            Typical homemade fruit salsa with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries. Small diced jalapeno peppers with ribs and seeds removed, chopped fresh mint, fresh lime juice and granulated sugar. Mixed and chilled in ice chest for about 3hrs.

Homemade cool whip with cinnamon and Codigo tequila.
                            ​
                            Attached Files

Comment

Holy moly Andy! Grilled cake! Jalapeños in the fruit salad! I mean, I mean fantastic! Yessir!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here