Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Railfest in Texarkana, Arkansas on 5/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Railfest in Texarkana, Arkansas on 5/16

I'm off to Texarkana way before dawn on Saturday! Got my SnS and old trusty Weber Kettle in the back of the van along with my seasonings for chicken and ribs. Just in case, I've packed my 14.5 WSM too for chicken.

I sort of have trust issues! They are providing the ribs and the chicken. Should be fun! Come see me if'n you're in the neighborhood.

Hoping for a great outcome for you and looking forward to hearing how it went!

Comment

Tighten those grills down... I have never been to a competition, wish I wasn't busy or i'd head down.

Comment

Good Luck CandySueQ Kill it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Tighten those grills down... I have never been to a competition, wish I wasn't busy or i'd head down.

Agreed... if you are leaving before dawn, about the time the first cup of coffee is ready to be set free i would pull over, grab another cup and check the straps, tightening anything that loosened up.

Comment

Don't forget to take an umbrella

Comment

CandySueQ Speaking of Arkansas, have you been to Jones BBQ in Marianna? It's 5 hours from here but I still want to head over there sometime soon.

Comment

No, I've not gone thru Marianna at lunch time. Been known to stop at the Edwards Food Giant for pork there though.

No trailer this trip! Taking the van (coffee fresh as needed!), but got both cookers in the back. On my meat trust issue -- think I'll buy a whole chicken and a package of spare ribs just in case.

Comment

LOL!! You really do have trust issues. But that's normal, at least to me. I've been known to pack my own food to a cookout.
                  I can't stand mediocre food even in a casual setting.
                  Last edited by Ernest; May 15, 2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here